South Florida Babies

Anyone have a MacBook or MacBook Pro?

I've been looking at making the transition from PC to Macs. It seems that overall, a Mac would be everything I need and want in one - my creative and professional work as well as life. lol.There are more options with the Mac. I was drooling over the iPad but realistically, I need an actual computer. I went to Best Buy and was geared towards the MacBook Pro for my needs. 

So anyone here have one of these? Love it or hate it? I have a feeling this is a stupid question because I have yet to meet someone who hates their Mac. Also, if you made the transition from PC to Mac, how was it? I'm a little nervous because I've always used a PC. I've recently been shown the great things about Macs and they seem to offer what I need.

Thanks! :)

Re: Anyone have a MacBook or MacBook Pro?

• My husband has a MacBook and I use it sometimes.  I can't say I've tried to do much with it, I just use it to surf the web when I'm too lazy to sit at my desk.  I do LOVE the touchpad controls.
  • We love Apple in our house. We have a MacBook and an iMac. Both are really easy to use once you get the hang of it. The transition is a little awkward at first (no right click?!?) but you figure things out very quickly. I love my Apple computers and will never go back to PC.
  • Loading the player...
  • JusT GOT MACBOOK THIS WEEKEND.  I AM STILL UNIN TRANSITION PHASE BUT SO FAR NOT TOO BAD, VERY USER FRIENDLY.  PLUS I GOT THE ONE ON ONE PLAN WHICH OFFERS UNLIMITED IN STORE TUTORIALS FOR A YR ($99 FOR YR) 
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks! Where did you all get the Macs? Apple store or Best Buy? I'm debating about that, too. One offers great incentives (free iPod Touch and educator's discount) whereas the other offers better financing and warranties...
  • imageStephE623:
    I love my Apple computers and will never go back to PC.

The guy at Best Buy was telling me this! lol. We have the iMacs (I think) at our satellite center classrooms and I LOVE them, but they have both Mac and PC and I've only really used them as PCs. Little by little I have been trying to get used to the mouse, but today a friend told me that now you can do right click on a Mac with the new mouse!

• imageStephE623:
    We love Apple in our house. We have a MacBook and an iMac. Both are really easy to use once you get the hang of it. The transition is a little awkward at first (no right click?!?) but you figure things out very quickly. I love my Apple computers and will never go back to PC.

This exactly! I adore my MacBook. I'll never go back to PCs. It took me about 4 or 5 days of using my MacBook to really get the hang of it to the point that it was 2nd nature. Then whenever I would use a PC, I felt totally lost LOL. Now I use both equally because my work computer is a PC and I am used to mentally switching back and forth based on which computer I'm using. But as far as I'm concerned, any computer I have to buy for myself from now on will be a Mac! If I could convince my boss to switch to Macs, I'd be a very happy girl (but that will never happen lol).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • ok so I have a macbook, my dh has a macbook pro and the "house" has a mac mini that we use as a media center to watch movies surf the internet etc, on the big screen tv....we have a wirelss keyboard and mouse so we use whil sitting ont he sofa...

I LOVE LOVE MACs..cant u tell??

um, we boughtg our last macs at bestbuy SINCE the screen iscovered with their extended warranty whereas the appl ecare didnt have the option...

the mac mini we bought thru appl for their discounts etc and no screen to break so no worries...

hope you have fun and DEFINITELY...use the support FREE for the first 90 days, my dh was trying to get our OLDER model printer to work with our macs and HP, NOR COMCAST, nor MICROSFT COULD help us...APPLE stayed on the line with us every step of the way in an understandable accent...

HTH GOOD LUCK

Nicole MOM 2 MARIO & NICOLAS
  • FYI - Apple offers better discounts for students (DH still has his student ID, and we saved $100 on computer, and $75 on warranty).  I know Best Buy offers warranty on accidentals (water damage, drop) whereas Apple does not, so it is up to your needs.  Also, Apple is offering a $100 rebate on printers purchased at their store... we got a wireless printer for a total of $30 (we didn't have one to begin w/ so perfect for us).

We have almost $200 in GC from Best Buy, but opted w/ purchasing at Apple b/c of their benefits. 

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"