Alabama Babies

Would you feed poprocks to your child?

https://www.parentdish.com/2010/05/24/would-you-feed-your-baby-pop-rocks/?icid=main|main|dl3|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.parentdish.com%2F2010%2F05%2F24%2Fwould-you-feed-your-baby-pop-rocks%2F

Honestly, if my child was a young infant as shown in the video, no way. We were very careful when she was younger about what we let her eat. She didn't have anything sweet until she had her 1-year "smashcake" photos.

But, at the same time, while it's not something I would do, they only gave their child one tiny pop rock. I don't think it's worthy of having an article written about it and your video posted on a parenting website.

WDYT?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

Re: Would you feed poprocks to your child?

• I'm with you. I wouldn't do it, but I don't see why they are making these parents sound like they are failures and that they are using their kids as 'science experiments'.  That seems like a bit much to me. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • At that age, no. I would not. At Lyla's age, yes but I wouldn't go out of my way to do an experiment. If Taylor had some and she wanted to try them, I see no big deal. That being said, Lyla is almost 3. Big difference in my mind.

DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't read the article but before a year old? no way?  now?  I might give Avery a FEW (not a pack) just so she can feel the funniness on her tongue.  But I also give her occassional sweets - ice cream, popcicles, etc every now and then. 
  • No way...especially because Caroline can/does choke on everything.  Seriously, since the incident last Friday, she's choked at every single meal....not to the extreme of the worst incident, but still, enough to scare her.  She got so panicked the other morning at breakfast that I cried.

• Not at Aubrey's age no.  If she was older probably a few.  I haven't read the article though.  I gave Aubrey one cheerio the other day (she has two teeth now) but I panicked when she swallowed it whole.  I know I am going to have to get over things like that but it did scare me. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"