Military Families

jealous of DHs TDY

DH is TDY on a British Aircraft Carrier and I am so jealous.  When I actually get to talk to him he keeps saying how much fun he is having and how great all the people on the ship are.  He even said they might be asking for him to come back.  And I don't mean to sound whiny but I kinda wanna go with! LOL  I know part of the reason I am jealous is cause I am home with two LOs but that aside, I so wish it was me. :) 

Re: jealous of DHs TDY

• I get jealous too! DH gets to go to Greece sometimes! I was actually going to join the military but then I got pregnant. So, I guess that's out! LOl.  DH made up for it though, he sent me to Hawaii with a friend of  mine to cure my jealous "itch."
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jags09jags09 member

I love hearing that somebody else is jealous of their DH's duty right now!  While DH is on a "deployment", I have been nothing less than the green eyed monster.  I don't think the ship has gone more than a week before pulling into port upon port upon port upon port.  Dinners, drinks, sightseeing etc.................

I feel terrible saying that b/c ALL of his deployments have sucked and they do deserve a good one thrown in there, he's never really been anywhere "good".  

It goes with the job though, i'm glad they had a more lax deployment, they still had a mission to do and he is away from home.  I totally respect the job he does and I couldn't do it if you paid me a million dollars!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • BeachMBeachM member
    imagemagret:

DH is TDY on a British Aircraft Carrier and I am so jealous.  When I actually get to talk to him he keeps saying how much fun he is having and how great all the people on the ship are.  He even said they might be asking for him to come back.  And I don't mean to sound whiny but I kinda wanna go with! LOL  I know part of the reason I am jealous is cause I am home with two LOs but that aside, I so wish it was me. :) 

I bet he's having fun!  The British Navy gets to wear shorts and drink beer!

DH is probably going to Antarctica early next year and I'm so jealous.  It's such a fantastic opportunity and he'll stop in New Zealand on the way there.  He's going to be hanging out in NZ pubs and then going to a continent that 99% of people never go to.  So cool!

• I get the impression all the posters DHs arel in the navy. ;)  I joined the army and sure got to see the world.  Just to play devil's advocate...have you thought your DH may be playing up the good stuff and not the bad to protect you?  I remember many an e-mail home with how cool the palaces in Baghdad were (when I got to go there) but I never mentioned the man crying because his 3yo daughter had boiling water poured over her because they were Sunni.  All I am saying is that it is really awesome your DHs are experiencing different lands and getting to do some cool stuff but it is often balanced by some truly bad stuff not to mention the long hours and daily BS that goes on.  They are probably jealous that you are stateside getting to worry about things like car payments and what to make for dinner!  You know the saying, the grass is always greener.... Not trying to peeve anyone off, just trying to make sure jealousy doesn't turn into resentment.
  • jags09jags09 member

imagegasper:
    I get the impression all the posters DHs arel in the navy. ;)  I joined the army and sure got to see the world.  Just to play devil's advocate...have you thought your DH may be playing up the good stuff and not the bad to protect you?  I remember many an e-mail home with how cool the palaces in Baghdad were (when I got to go there) but I never mentioned the man crying because his 3yo daughter had boiling water poured over her because they were Sunni.  All I am saying is that it is really awesome your DHs are experiencing different lands and getting to do some cool stuff but it is often balanced by some truly bad stuff not to mention the long hours and daily BS that goes on.  They are probably jealous that you are stateside getting to worry about things like car payments and what to make for dinner!  You know the saying, the grass is always greener.... Not trying to peeve anyone off, just trying to make sure jealousy doesn't turn into resentment.

Oh totally, the vast majority of DH's deployments have been to places that had terrible conditions.  I know this past deployment was nothing more than good press for the US and relations with other countries.  It was a port hopping cruise with a few small missions to do.

I wouldn't never ever resent my DH for the job he does.  It sucks, I couldn't imagine leaving my spouse, kids, house, animals and the luxuries of everyday American life to be stuck on a big gray boat with a bunch of stinky men and choosing to do it for over 10 years.  Seeing the same faces day in and day out, NO THANK YOU!!  

God bless the men and women that sacrifice their lives to give me the opportunity to be at home with the freedoms that I have. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • magretmagret member
    I know DH tried to mask things to me when it comes to deployments and everything else.  But I can tell when talking to him that this one in particular he is loving.  I am not normally jealous of his TDYs or deployments.  I know he has to see a lot and go through a lot.  I most definitely wouldn't resent him because I see what he does and goes through for us and this country.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"