D.C. Area Babies

Well, that's a neat trick

Last night at 3 am DS woke us with his wailing. He had pulled himself up to a sitting position, but didn't know how to lay down and get back to sleep - he was pretty freaked out! As soon as I picked him up, though, he got an ear-to-ear grin as if to say, "Did you see my new trick?"

He also demonstrated it for DH while waking up this morning. I'm assuming the middle of the night wailing will stop in a few days. He freaked out the first few nights he could roll over, too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Well, that's a neat trick

• Yikes! DS has started pulling himself up on his bumper/crib rail lately, which I think means we're going to have to lower his mattress soon.

Just when you think you've got the whole sleep thing down, huh?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• DS still does that about once a week or so--I feel like I'm cow tipping...I go in, lay him back down with his pacifier and he's right back to sleep.

I've been meaning to tell you that I love that pic of your DS--that adorable red hair is too much!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, fun! C has learned to pull himself up to standing and that is freaking me out, but he can't figure out how to sit himself up yet.

I feel like I *just* lowered the mattress (to the middle holes), but it looks like it's time to go all the way down.

The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagetomandcourt:

Yikes! DS has started pulling himself up on his bumper/crib rail lately, which I think means we're going to have to lower his mattress soon.

Just when you think you've got the whole sleep thing down, huh?

Fun stuff! Just as a PSA, lower the mattress all the way now! We had never seen DD go from lying to sitting (she had only just learned to sit up with help) and she FELL OUT OF HER CRIB. We had it on the highest setting and hadn't even thought about lowering it yet. She somehow pulled herself up and out and thankfully was fine, but we learned our lesson. Lower it now!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageGigs2000:

I've been meaning to tell you that I love that pic of your DS--that adorable red hair is too much!

Thanks! I always liked your siggy with your DS in his high chair - that "cheese" face was sooo cute!

And luckily we had lowered the crib to the middle setting over the weekend when he started thinking about pulling up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ha! That is too funny!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageeeclem:

I feel like I *just* lowered the mattress (to the middle holes), but it looks like it's time to go all the way down.

We had to lower the mattress from the top setting to the middle to the lowest within a matter of a week and a half.

DD will sometimes pull herself up to standing and not know what to do with herself next.  I think most of the time she gets more upset because she's stuck standing than for whatever reason got her upset in the first place! As she's getting older, though, she's figuring it out.

• imageDCtoLowcountry:

Last night at 3 am DS woke us with his wailing. He had pulled himself up to a sitting position, but didn't know how to lay down and get back to sleep - he was pretty freaked out! As soon as I picked him up, though, he got an ear-to-ear grin as if to say, "Did you see my new trick?"

We had the same thing this weekend!

• Very cute, but I'm sure you could do without the middle of the night wakeup to see his trick.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • imageMrs.Ram:
    imageeeclem:

We had to lower the mattress from the top setting to the middle to the lowest within a matter of a week and a half.

We had a discussion about this with some other new moms - somebody said that they were told to not even bother with the middle setting.  I would have appreciated that info!!!  I also had to lower it from the middle to the bottom with in a 2 week span :(

DS has a hard time getting from sitting to laying down especially when he is half asleep.   I did just take a picture of him standing and only holding on the rails with one hand.  

The fun has started!!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"