Military Families

No idea what board to ask this on..

I have to have the LEEP procedure done. I have CINIII, high grade dysplasia, which is a pre-cursor for cervical cancer. I was wondering if maybee anyone on here had to have it done, or if you ladies could point me to the right board..(I know I have tons of drama in my life..I too think it's BS...)

ETA: I just wanna know if I need a babysitter for the night, how bad it hurts, that kind of stuff..

Another ETA: If you're going to tell me to google it..don't bother, I have..I know exactly how it's done..I just don't know how bad it's going to hurt having electric currents applied to my cervix...I don't know what the recovery is like..yeah..cramps..but what kind? Like..I'm going into labor kind or "hey we're just chillin out here healing and what-not" kind.

Re: No idea what board to ask this on..

• I've had a cervical conization done for early stage cervical cancer. A cone is deeper than a LEEP and you are under anesthesia when it's performed. From what I understand, and a few friends' experiences, recovery is pretty easy from the LEEP. You may be sore and crampy for a few days, with the first 24 hours being the worst. One friend felt great the next day and another stayed home from work the next day. Both needed nothing more than Motrin or Tylenol. I'd have some one on hand for the kiddos just so you can get rest, because you'll need it whether or not you are in pain.

Hugs to you too...dealing with a pre-cancerous condition is not fun at all. I'm also sending you a PM.

• I've had a cervical biopsy (luckily didn't need the LEEP).  However my good friend had the LEEP.  Sorry, it sucks.  My biopsy was ridiculously painful, especially the cramping afterward but the way my friend described the LEEP and seeing her afterward,  it is worse.  They do numb you but after that wears off it really sucks.  I would get the babysitter or at least have one on standy by.  Sorry I couldn't be more positive but after just a biopsy I now know very well where EXACTLY my cervix is, if you know what I mean. GL!

BTW...how did outprocessing go?  you know I actually have two soldiers out there right now.  How is it NTC has become some kind of wierd magnet?  Used to be no one got stationed there...I think I may just PM you. :)

• Loading the player...
  • image2xSurvivor:

I've had a cervical conization done for early stage cervical cancer. A cone is deeper than a LEEP and you are under anesthesia when it's performed. From what I understand, and a few friends' experiences, recovery is pretty easy from the LEEP. You may be sore and crampy for a few days, with the first 24 hours being the worst. One friend felt great the next day and another stayed home from work the next day. Both needed nothing more than Motrin or Tylenol. I'd have some one on hand for the kiddos just so you can get rest, because you'll need it whether or not you are in pain.

Hugs to you too...dealing with a pre-cancerous condition is not fun at all. I'm also sending you a PM.

I asked the doc if he could knock me out for the LEEP lol. I'm such a wuss when it comes to the whole stabbing of the cervix with metal stuff. The thought of electric currents applied to it kind of freaks me out. How can that NOT be painful KWIM?!? lol.  I had my last (hopefully!) biopsy last Wednesday. Doc was talking about the coronization thing. Hopefully we don't have to go that route! So sorry you had to deal with it. All of this stuff just makes me feel..blehh..I appreciate the feedback and hugs! My DH keeps saying "well at least it's not cancer YET!" but..when doc tells you "this is serious stuff and it kills people" it kind of makes you think about stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"