South Florida Babies

Okay, so now that work knows...

the inappropriate questions have begun!  Really, why do people care if I was trying to get pregnant or not?! 

Two people have come up to me to ask me.  Hum, I've been married for 5 yrs, not necessarily a question you ask someone.  Now, if I were unwed, okay, I guess more acceptable, but I still would never ask someone that! 

Can we set up some type of TACT class to send these people to?

-- Jackie
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Okay, so now that work knows...

• im convinced people have no tact at all when it comes to pg and babies.

dh's aunt told me the other day: "you know when you go to the beach you can put peroxide in mady's hair so it can get blonde with the sun"

um...a. why would i want to change her hair color? b. who in the world would put peroxide in a two year olds hair?????

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's true!  That's the first question people ask, like if having a baby HAS to be planned.  Regardless of marital status, I just say congratulations when someone announces a pregnancy. 

• Loading the player...
  • It amazes me how comfortable people get. I hated getting the "was it planned?" question when people found out I was pregnant. It's so rude.
  • Seriously, very rude.  If I were close to someone, I wouldn't mind it, but I rarely talk to you at work, what would possess you to ask?!

Now, I'm trying to think of a good "come back" to all those that ask... any suggestions?

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagecocojack10:

Seriously, very rude.  If I were close to someone, I wouldn't mind it, but I rarely talk to you at work, what would possess you to ask?!

Now, I'm trying to think of a good "come back" to all those that ask... any suggestions?

Jackie tell them, "Nope, DH slipped me a magic pill and I just woke up this way. I don't know!" ((Shrug shoulders)) lol

• imagemiamicubajam:
    imagecocojack10:

Seriously, very rude.  If I were close to someone, I wouldn't mind it, but I rarely talk to you at work, what would possess you to ask?!

Jackie tell them, "Nope, DH slipped me a magic pill and I just woke up this way. I don't know!" ((Shrug shoulders)) lol

I knew I could count on you!  : )  LOVE IT. 

-- Jackie
  • Wow people never cease to amaze me. It's nobody's business whether your pregnancy is planned or not. Gosh I have a few people I could add to a TACT class.

• imagecocojack10:

I'm the queen of combacks.  I seriously tell people these things.

Q: Was he a mistake?  (YES--someone at work asked me just like that)

A: Yes. Pull and pray method didn't work. 

Q: OMG, he's soooo dark and you're so fair.  Why is he tanned?

A: Because my husbands's anaconda is dark.

• imagemiamicubajam:

I LOVE this!!!

I, too, think that tact goes out the window with pregnancy. It seems as if once someone's pg, then it's everyone's business and everyone has something to impose...er, say.

• imageFutureHernandez:
    imagecocojack10:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Love it.  Too funny.

• my cousin has twins and everyone asked if they were "real" twins.  as if IVF created "fake" babies.

just a heads up... apparenty people ask that question quite a bit about twins *rolls eyes*

• imageFutureHernandez:
    imagecocojack10:

Hahahaha LMFAO!

I get the "was it planned?" question a lot from people that don't know me because I look like a kid. If not people say when they find out I'm pregnant "Should I congratulate you... (pause) or not? (implying that this was unplanned)"

• imageFutureHernandez:
    imagecocojack10:

Hahahaha LMFAO!

I get the "was it planned?" question a lot from people that don't know me because I look like a kid. If not people say when they find out I'm pregnant "Should I congratulate you... (pause) or not? (implying that this was unplanned)"

• imagebritishbride05:

my cousin has twins and everyone asked if they were "real" twins.  as if IVF created "fake" babies.

just a heads up... apparenty people ask that question quite a bit about twins *rolls eyes*

Yeah, I got that one a couple of times, but mostly from people in the family since they know twins really dont' run in my family.  But the outside world doesn't know so I just say YES they do.  And I'm not lying either... my male cousin does have ID twins.  LOL

-- Jackie
  • imagebritishbride05:

my cousin has twins and everyone asked if they were "real" twins.  as if IVF created "fake" babies.

Yeah, I got that one a couple of times, but mostly from people in the family since they know twins really dont' run in my family.  But the outside world doesn't know so I just say YES they do.  And I'm not lying either... my male cousin does have ID twins.  LOL

-- Jackie
  • I am sitting here with my mouth open! What f---ing idiots. Asshats.

I actually had someone tell me the other day to not expect this baby to be as pretty as Sophie because generally you only get one really pretty one.

Ummmm. Ummmm???????????? What do you say to that?! Yvette, any ideas? LOL.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMellyMelB:

I am sitting here with my mouth open! What f---ing idiots. Asshats.

I actually had someone tell me the other day to not expect this baby to be as pretty as Sophie because generally you only get one really pretty one.

Ummmm. Ummmm???????????? What do you say to that?! Yvette, any ideas? LOL.

"I guess your sibling got the pretty genes, so you are speaking from exprience?"

Who the F say sh*t like this!

-- Jackie
  • OMG!  I'm appalled by people's ignorance and complete lack of tact.

Jackie, I remember Claudia mentioned that only identical twins are hereditary.  Anyone can have fraternal twins - IVF or not.  From what I read about vanishing twins, a lot of pregnancies start off as multiples anyway regardless of twins running in the family or not.  IDK why people would even ask such tactless questions anyway.

Mel, that has to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I just don't get people!

• imageMrsJOSEnADRI:

OMG!  I'm appalled by people's ignorance and complete lack of tact.

Jackie, I remember Claudia mentioned that only identical twins are hereditary.  Anyone can have fraternal twins - IVF or not.  From what I read about vanishing twins, a lot of pregnancies start off as multiples anyway regardless of twins running in the family or not.  IDK why people would even ask such tactless questions anyway.

ACTUALLY IDENTICAL CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE, EGG JUST SPLITS.  FRATERNAL IS HEREDITARY B/C U OVULATE 2 EGGS.

Mel, that has to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I just don't get people!

-- Jackie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"