D.C. Area Babies
Options

Ergo?

The Ergo has been recommended to me by several moms as "essential" for airport travel. Any thoughts? We have a big a$s Kelty hiking pack that we usually use but I would prefer not to bring on our trip b.c of the size and weight. I'm really looking for something that is lightweight, easy to pack, and most of all, useful.

AND, if you have one, which one do you recommend? It seems like there are lots of choices.

TIA!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Ergo?

• Options

We made do with the umbrella stroller until we had kid #2, at which point the carrier did become essential.  I use both the Ergo and the Bjorn a lot, and the Ergo is FAR superior to the Bjorn if you're planning on walking any distance or wearing it for any length of time.  Both are really lightweight and easily stow in a bag. 

The Ergo has that back support belt which is awesome, so your back doesn't hurt like it does with the Bjorn.  I bought the regular one (not the organic one), but from what I read the main differences between organic and non-organic (*other than the organic-ness) are:

1.  the non-organic has a zipper pocket in the front - this has been VERY useful for me, since I can put keys and phone in it

2.  the organic one is lighter and more breathable fabric so doesn't get as hot in the summer months

• Options

I have tried and own practically every sling/baby carrier made over the past 3.5 years (Bjorn, ring sling, Hotsling, Moby, and Ergo), and I have to say that the Ergo is by FAR my favorite (with the Moby wrap being second...the only reason I put that as second is because it is a LOT of material and can be a pain to put on/carry around).

The Ergo is also a huge favorite of many of my mommy friends.  It is so easy to use, lightweight (unlike the big backpacks) and is comfortable to tote a kid of practically any size around with on your front OR your back (although the back-carry takes some getting used to). 

I have a friend who had borrowed mine when we were at the zoo for her 2 year old...this 2 year old NEVER naps while being held...and she took a long nap that day in the Ergo while being carried around by her dad.

I have the regular one, not familiar with the organic.... 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I bought the regular one when BabyCrown and I went to NYC & Philly when he was 14 mos and it was a lifesaver!  I loved having it every minute.  And he slept a lot in it, too. 
  • Options
    I love the Ergo - fabulous carrier.  So much easier on my back.  I also 'wore' DD in the Ergo on our plane ride when she was 13 months old. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the comments, ladies. I think I'll be picking one up before our trip!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

My ergo is indespensible!  I use it everyday to carry DS to daycare.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    rnin02rnin02 member
    I loved my Ergo. We haven't needed to use it for awhile, but it was such a great carrier, perfect for walks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"