Pregnant after 35
Options

Abnormal Cervical Cells

I posted this originally to ?TTC After 35? board and received a suggestion that I should post my question here.    2010 was my year to get pregnant....Unfortunately, after a regular annual exam this past April, I was told that I had Level 3 Severe Cervical Dysplasia and had to have a Leep Procedure.  I just had it done and was surprised to hear that after the 2 week healing time that I could start TTC.  I?m not questioning the doctor?s expertise (though he wasn?t my primary doctor) but I am concerned that I?m over 35 and wonder if anyone had or knows someone that had issues TTC after this type of procedure.  I?m told that I need to come back every 4 months with 3 positive pap exams and I?m feeling a little guilty TTC without getting a clean bill of health.  This recent scare has my husband and I ready to board the baby wagon and fast, thoughts?  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Delivered 3 weeks and 2 days early via emergency c/s due to pre-e

Anniversary
Trying to Conceive Ticker image

Re: Abnormal Cervical Cells

• Options

don't know about TTC but wanted to let you know i had the same thing probably 8 years ago and haven't had an adnormal pap since. the only thing i know about a LEEP and pregnancy is your cervix might be a little weak and they will check you to make sure it's holding everything in place (sorry, this is by no means medical speak!) and if it's not, they may need to sew it shut. like i said, these aren't the technical terms, but that's the general idea.

good luck!

Me:39 Dx LPD, Fibroid, AMA and all that goes with that. H:37 Dx low motility and low morphology. TTC since 3/12. Clomid 8/12 and 9/12: BFN. 11/12 on a break for Myomectomy sched. 11/26. Resume TTC early 2013.
  • Options
    Like pp you will have to go early to see a peri dr for a consultation and weigh your options....but most likely they will monitir you once you get pg biweekly and place a cerclage early to prevent m/c..
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had a LEEP between my 1st and 2nd pregnancies...they just kept an eye on my cervix during that 2nd pregnancy and I had no problems whatsoever. I imagine it depends on how much of your cervix was affected by the procedure as to if it would be a factor. Concieving shouldn't be affected by it, but make sure when you do get KU that your OB is aware so they can keep a close eye on your cervix.

• Options
    I had a LEEP maybe 6 or so years ago and when I was pregnant with my first, my doc was aware but wasn't worried.  And I carried to term with no issues.  Going back for repeated PAPS is a pain in the rump but better to be proactive than wait too long!!  Good luck TTC!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"