D.C. Area Babies

NBR: My goal from today until June 2nd--

DO NOT kill any family members!

We are going to have an extremely crowded house as my parents, two brothers, and a girlfriend of one of my brothers come to visit.  We have a 3 bedroom house.  DS will be sleeping in our room, one of my brothers will be in the living room, and DH will still be getting up at 4:30 to go to work every day.  

I love my family, but this is entirely too much time for me to spend with them, particularly crammed into the house with us, and with DH at work every day.  Their original visit was only supposed to be through Memorial Day, but I found out on Sunday night that they had extended their stay by 2 days without bothering to tell us.   If I hadn't called on Sunday, I have the feeling that I'd be finding out today when they arrived!

Ok.  Things will be fine.  My family loves DS and hasn't seen him since Christmas.  DH and I will get to go out on a date while they're here.  I will make it through all of the touristy stuff they want to do and the traffic won't be that bad despite it being Memorial Day Weekend.  Right?

Re: NBR: My goal from today until June 2nd--

• Stay Strong Agrippa!  This too shall pass!!
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Hang in there!!! You can do it!
  • Loading the player...
  • I know how you feel. My dad comes to stay with us for a month at a time because he lives overseas and it's always a challenge to have guests for long periods. I say to not be shy about asking them to help out. I believe that if people stay 1-3 days, they are a "guest", anything past that, they are expected to help with cooking, cleaning, etc.

Anyway, good luck. Oh, and I highly recommend the Bike the Site tour. My mom and I did the Monuments tour a few weeks ago and it was a lot of fun. I think you could even take DS because I think they have bike trailers for kids.

Hoping all goes well for you.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • yes, it'll be fine!
  • You will survive!!  Can you take advantage of the help, I mean company, and go off and have a few hours by yourself?  I'm thinking pedicure, massage, something to help you through.
  • DH's big family does this all the time in our small 3 bedroom townhouse.  Somehow no one kills anyone else but I feel your pain, I really do.  Hopefully they are helpful, at least for watching and playing with DS.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"