High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Had my last DR visit.....also a Glyburide ?

I'm so excited that this was the last one and we are nearing the end. My induction is still set for Friday. I'm still hoping LO will come on her own but not holing my breath. The doc said it doesn't look like I will have a giant baby. Woohoo!! She estimated around 7.5lbs. I haven't dialated yet but I am 50% effaced.

So my question about all the moms who take glyburide (no matter what dose) is when do you take it? I know before a meal but how long before. An hour? 30 minutes? Right before you eat? I'm on glyburide too and it just occured to me that I was never told how far in advance you were supposed to take it. I take it right before a meal. I guess its a little late now to actually worry about it if I have been taking it the wrong way. I am soo glad this will all be over with very soon!  TIA!!

Re: Had my last DR visit.....also a Glyburide ?

• Options
    I am only on a bedtime dose and I was specifically told to take it right before bed NOT with my after dinner snack.  I guess it depends on what your doctor says...
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I take mine at bedtime and right when I wake up.  I usually eat breakfast about 1/2 and hour to an hour after I take it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm also on bedtime and was told to take it with a snack- go figure.  I don't think it is that important, other than taking it close to when you were told.  I understand that it is in your system working much longer than just for that one meal/time so I don't think it is that important to be specific with your timing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"