Orange County Babies

Moving to OC

After 6 years in FL we are moving to the southern part of Orange County next month and we are very excited to get a new start in such a beautiful area. We were just there last week and we absolutely loved it. You are very lucky girls!

I have a 3 month old that was born in FL but is anxious to be a SoCal girl :)

I'm trying to get a sense of what activities we might be able to enjoy once we make it there. We are looking to move to the Mission Viejo, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel area. Anyone from there that may have suggestions?

Again, we are very excited and looking forward to our new life and hopefully new friends.

Re: Moving to OC

• augs06augs06 member
    Hope the move goes smoothly for you.  I don't have any recs for south county but there are lots of girls on the board in the area.  Just wanted to say welcome!
    forcing sisterly love since 07.06.10
  • All are great places to live. There are many things to do in the OC which we bring up on here. I don't have anything specific in South OC. Welcome!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • How exciting! There are lots of fun things to do here, especially because the weather is so great!

My suggestion would be that once you decide where to move look into the city's community acitivities.  For example, I live in Irvine and am planning on taking a mommy and me music class, as well as some other workout classes.  They are inexpensive and allow you to meet other people and families in the area.

GL with the move!

• I live in that area and LOVE it!  There are a lot of options.  You can always join a "mommy and me" group - most are listed on www.meetup.com.

Or feel free to email me at qtgirlgina@aol.com and we can chat :)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagechrista&Henry:

How exciting! There are lots of fun things to do here, especially because the weather is so great!

My suggestion would be that once you decide where to move look into the city's community acitivities.  For example, I live in Irvine and am planning on taking a mommy and me music class, as well as some other workout classes.  They are inexpensive and allow you to meet other people and families in the area.

GL with the move!

Which class are you taking?  I am in Irvine too and have been on the hunt for classes!  Any ideas for swim lessons?  Thanks!

• Thank you so much for the suggestions and the welcoming. We are very, very excited about this move and really can't wait to make it there.

I guess we'll be seeing quite a bit of each other here :)
  • Welcome! I am in central OC, so no suggestions for south county, but I hope your move goes well.  :-)
  • We're live in the Newport Beach area but I have a lot of clients in South County so I'm down there a lot.  We go to the Gymboree classes in Aliso Viejo.  The facility is sooo nice and clean.  PM or e-mail me and you can come as our guest when you move here :)
  • Congratulations on your new big adventure in life :) I live in Laguna Niguel. I just moved here also and am getting to know the area. I am also looking to meet new friends. I have a baby girl due in October. I love going to the beach and the lake across the street from where I live. I love going to the gym too. So let me know when your in town, hopefully we can meet up! Hope the move goes smoothly!
  • I live in Mission Viejo and love it!  All of South OC is great!
    When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. ~Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty
  • hi there!

i'm in the area too (costa mesa) just moved here in december. also looking for any classes or fitness mommy and me classes.

if anyone knows of any local please let us know!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"