D.C. Area Babies
Options

Should I be concerned..

that my 6 week old son weighs 13 lbs!!  We've already out grown 0-3 mo clothing.  His feet dont fit into a pair of size one shoes that his aunt bought him.  Maybe I need to start saying prayers for my fridge and wallet.
image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Should I be concerned..

• Options
    no, you should be proud that you are nurturing him so well! you can't overfeed a BFed baby
  • Options
    ok good. The LC at my weekly BF support group acts like he's gaining too much weight each week.  Basically its been 1/2 a week since he's been born.  He gained lb from weeks 4-5 and I'll see what he's gained tomm when I go.  He's just a big big boy.,..not like DH and I are tiny ppl (DH has size 15 feet!)
    image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

LIke PP said, be happy you have a happy baby who is a good eater! My husband is 6'7"- and a size 14 feet. My son was 13 lbs, 7 oz at his 2 month appt, 8lbs 1oz at birth. His 4 month appt is this Friday, and I think he might be 17 pounds- he's my little butterball and I love every ounce of his squishyness! (He's 100% Breastfed also).

December 2011- Trans-abdominal Cerclage placed. Praying this new baby sticks and does not require bed rest!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    29 weeks of bedrest & Cerclage at 14 weeks.
  • Options
    I agree with the PPs--DD#2 took a similar track as your DS--she was 8lbs 7ou at birth and over a 11lbs her second week.  I'm guessing at tomorrow's appt she'll be in the 16lb range...it just means you have a very healthy happy little boy. My bet is that once he gets mobile (crawling and walking), he'll trim down a bit, so while he may always be a big boy, his growth won't be exponential forever;)
  • Options
    Don't sweat it!  My DS was born at 32 weeks, weighing 3lbs. 11oz.  By 9 months, he was 97% for his actual age.  If we adjusted his age back to 7 months, he would have been barely clinging to the outer curve of the growth charts.  But he is now almost 18 months and his weight gain is slowing down and he is becoming more "average".
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"