Special Needs
Options

Anna is getting Botox injections on Wednesday!

The called with a cancellation and now instead of her appointment in August it is on Wednesday! I'm excited and really nervous! Anyone else's LO have Botox injections? How was it?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anna is getting Botox injections on Wednesday!

• Options
    What is the botox for? Strabismus? Just curious.....
    WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Options
    DS had injections in his hamstrings & adductors two months ago.  Freaking awesome is all I have to say about it!!!  :)  We can't believe what a difference it has made.  PM me if you'd like more info or whatever!  Good luck!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi,

My DS hasn't had this, but he may; he has left side facial nerve paresis & the plastic surgeon explained that botox may be an option depending on how the condition develops.

Good luck!  I'd love to hear how it goes,

Melissa

• Options

wow, botox might just be a miracle thing, kids w/ the same condition as my kids sometimes get botox on the anus to relax that muscle to make them go more (help w/ constipation and to make sure they can't get backed up and have any infections)

I believe my friend duaghter had botox in her legs for CP or they were thinking about doing it.

good luck

imageimage
    Max 4-08-08 and Michael 2-03-91 (19 years olds)
    image Both boys were born w/ hirschsprung's disease, you find yourself facing this dx, please feel free to ask me any questions.
  • Options

My daughter has CP and has had botox twice.  It does do wonders, but unfortunately it doesn't last.  Typically we were told botox follows a rule of threes.  Three days to see an affect.  Three weeks to hit the peak.  Three month time to repeat.

It is an easy procedure.  A couple of shots for each injection site.  My daughter was under anesthesia because she also had phenol injections in her legs.  If just botox I think it can be done in the office.

• Options
    imageAssembly_Reqd:
    What is the botox for? Strabismus? Just curious.....
    high muscle tone in her legs (cp).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"