Pregnant after 35
Options

Hip / Sciatic pain

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me to alleviate Hip and Sciatic pain. I am fine if I am not sitting ever but that is not a possibility. It seems like if I am sitting with full weight on my rear and not kind of leaned back like on a couch then I am in agony with my lower back/hip area. Standing I am fine or laying down I am fine. Sitting is a nightmare!!! Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Re: Hip / Sciatic pain

• Options

Thanks Michele,

I feel like a whiner but I guess if I can't vent to other mommies to be then who can I vent to right!!! I wish I could lay down at work. LOL

• Options
    What about chiropractic work?  I see an aweseome chiropractor.  Plus it just changes my whole mood going in there.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've never seen a chiropractor before. I did call one I am familiar with but he doesn't take our insurance. I may have to just bite the bullet and see him out of pocket. I feel really comfy with him as a person. Does your chiro specialize in pregnancy related work or just a straight forward chiropractor?

• Options
    I found it helpful to get on all fours and have DH rub my tail bone.
  • Options
    mwdmwd member
    I have been having what I think is sciatic pain, and I have scheduled a neuro-muscular massage today.  I have been seeing him for about 4 years now periodically.   He does wonders for my shoulders.   For me walking has been very uncomfortable, so it's time.  Lifting a 26# little boy doesn't help either. I like the idea of getting down on all fours and having DH massage your tailbone, that would probably help.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    So the pain can be caused 2 ways.  One is just that baby is sitting right on the sciatic nerve.  If that is the case, not much you can do.  Best thing for that is to get in a pool and float around, baby will float too and take the pressure off that nerve.  But that won' thelp when you are sitting in work!  Other reason a lot of people have sciatic pain is tight hip muscles (your sciatic nerve runs through your hip muscles and if they are tight, they press on the nerve).  So masaging the hips should help.  Also, you can get a foam roller (google it or check out Target).  I swear by mine, hurts to use it (you basically just roll back and forth on it) but def helps with the sciatic pain.
  • Options

Definitely helped having DH rub my tailbone!!! I highly recommend that!!!

THanks everyone for all the advice!!! I never thought about swimming but that will be my next move!!!

• Options
    Dont mean to sound dumb but how do I use the foam roller. Rolling back and forth on my side/back? I feel like a tool asking. LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"