I need a hospital recommendation in the Charleston area in case I go into labor while on vacation! — The Bump
South Carolina Babies

I need a hospital recommendation in the Charleston area in case I go into labor while on vacation!

Moms I need help!  My family & I are going on vacation in a week on Kiawah Island, SC & I need a hospital in the Charleston area in case I suddenly go into labor while we're on our vacation.  I've tried searching on the internet, but I swear I can't make heads or tails of what the search results return. 

Can any body give me a recommendation of a good hospital for me to go to in case I go into labor? I'll be 29-30 weeks pregnant so I'll definitely be needing some place w/ a good NICU as baby boy will definitely be spending some time there.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!!!!  

Re: I need a hospital recommendation in the Charleston area in case I go into labor while on vacation!

• I love East cooper medical center, and its newly renovated as well. Its in Mt Pleasant. BUT if you needed a NICU that can handle really pre term babies I would say MUSC is your best bet.  Its downtown. 

Im sure you wont need this, but its good to be prepared.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi there,

I'm from Charleston, and given that you are less than 36 weeks, I would say MUSC.  That is where the level three NICU is, and they have the Children's hospital. If you were to deliver early at another hospital, they would call the helicopter from MUSC anyway. 

I delivered my first baby pre-term at Roper (they were great), and their protocol even before delivery was to have the chopper on standby from MUSC.  My plan had been to go to St. Francis, which is closer to Kiawah (it's in West Ashley), but my Dr. was on call at Roper that night.  Hopefully you won't need any of this, and will have a great vacation.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards