D.C. Area Babies

NoVa Family music or other class recommendations?

DD and DS have been going to a Gymboree family music class for about a month, but it sort of sucks because often they're the only kids there.  It seems like a huge waste of money to pay for a class for them to socialize with other kids if there aren't any other kids!

Anyone have a class recommendation, where both my 2 1/2 year old and my 7 month old can participate?

Re: NoVa Family music or other class recommendations?

• Usually I highly recommend the classes at Wolf Trap, but I think they're fairly strict about keeping age groups together, so a 2.5 yr. old and 7 mos. old wouldn't be in the same class, they'd be in different classes.  Bummer.  (or maybe call and check to see if I'm right about that...?)
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • A friend of mine teaches "Music Together" classes, and i've been told by other friends that they are very good and accommodate multiple/different aged kids.  Her classes are at the Ben Lomond center and the Freedom Aquatic & Fitness Center in Manassas.  But I think you can find these classes all over...and I believe they are also a bit cheaper than Gymboree.  The only reason I haven't checked it out yet is because her classes don't fit my schedule.
  • Loading the player...
  • Music Together is a great curriculum, and people get certified to do classes... I bet you can find them everywhere... church basements, community centers, etc. That's a really good idea.
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Music Together sounds perfect.  Thank you!!  I'll definitely check that out.  And Wolf Trap is probably a little far from where we are anyway (we're way down south near Mount Vernon).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"