Long Island Babies

Ped Rec's near East Meadow

Just stopping on the LI board for the first time...Hello! 

My DH and I are starting our search for a ped for LO.  I am hoping some of you ladies have recommendations for us.  We are looking for a progressive medical provider who doesn't force medications, will work with us on a personalized vaccine schedule, is willing to work through breastfeeding issues without automatically suggesting formula, and will talk to us about options and ask our opinions, etc... 

We live in East Meadow close to Hempstead Tpke but are willing to travel for the right doc. 

Thanks all!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BFP#1 10/26/09 EDD 7/4/10 Beautiful Baby Boy born 2 weeks late 7/16/10 BFP#2 8/23/11 EDD 5/11/12 Natural Miscarriage @ 6 weeks BFP#3 5/22/12 EDD 2/10/13 Stick Baby!

Re: Ped Rec's near East Meadow

• Hi.  Our pediatrician is located in Woodbury, it's right off the 135.  We live in Farmingdale, right off Hempstead Tpke. and it's definitely worth a little bit of travel.  They are very helpful and friendly.  Whenever I call with a problem they are able to help or get us in asap.  We went for an "interview" and spoke with Dr. Sachse before our baby was born.  When I gave birth to my son, Dr. Shapiro came to the hospital (I guess she was on call) and we ended up sticking with her.  We see her for all of our well visits and sick visits when we can.  We've seen all but one of the Dr's and they are all great.  I highly recommend them!  GL in your search and with your new baby :)

Website:  https://www.nextgenerationpeds.com/about_us/Desiree_Sachse_Merrell_MD.htm

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We use Seaford Pediatrics and they let us vaccinate using our own schedule.  They are very pro-breastfeeding in my experience and never pushed me to use formula.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have heard good things about Dr. Zarro (sp?) they are on Merrick Ave./ Bellmore Ave. in the shopping center with NYSC.
  • Correction: Dr. Zaso
  • my nephew goes to dr. zaso, BIL is happy w/ him. we met him and he just wasn't for us. we live in east meadow, and go to Dr. Rubin at happy and healthy pediatrics in mineola. we absolutely love her. she's on jericho tpke, a little off roslyn rd. it's a 10 min drive there, and i wouldnt' change doctors for anything. her website is

https://www.happyandhealthypediatrics.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi- i know I am late to respond- this board is quiet! I livei n E Meadow too. We actually go to Woodbury Pediatrics in Plainview. About 15 min away. I LOVE them. Also, I have heard great things about Bellmore-Merrick pediatrics on New Bridge Rd- Dr Jassey. 

Gluck!! Maybe see you at the park! lol  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My daughter goes to Dr. Zaso - I love him!!! I also live in east meadow right off hempstead turnpike...
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"