D.C. Area Babies

INOVA Childbirth Ed Class vs. Lamaze ? DC

Did you go classes offered by the hospital or did you opt for classes given by Lamaze International DC chapter? They both seem to offer very similar class info. So besides the slight difference in cost is there really any other difference and how did you choose?

Re: INOVA Childbirth Ed Class vs. Lamaze ? DC

• I did the INOVA 4 week classes.  Our instructor was Lamaze certified and basically that was what we learned.  I hadn't considered other Lamaze classes, but the other natural classes I wanted to try required you to begin attending early in your second trimester, and I didn't start investigating them until then.

I will say that it was nice to have our instructor know the hospital protocol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We did the INOVA class.  It was good to take the tour and learn what the rules were at the hospital we were going to use.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I did the INOVA class with DS just because it was convenient and I did all my other clesses through INOVA.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • I recommend the Laugh & Learn About Childbirth DVD.  I bought mine on eBay and DH and I watched it at our convenience, at our pace, in our home.  It was pretty great, though the host is a little annoying (just gave us more to laugh about, though).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"