Military Families
Options

Emotions boiling...

IGNORANT, THOUGHTLESS, IMMATURE AND DANGEROUS.

A Soldier's new wife in our company has a Facebook status of DATE, PLACE AND LENGTH of the upcoming DEPLOYMENT.

I kindly wrote her to remove it as it violates OPSEC and puts our soldiers in more potential danger... but all I can do is have tears streaming down my face thinking the risk my husband and all our military faces everyday is so great...WHY WOULD YOU ADD MORE??

Re: Emotions boiling...

• Options

Unfortunatly this happens too often, and fortunatly, most bad things are avoided.  Just this weekend some soldiers who were due home were delayed because terrorists found out when they were leaveing, and were camping out in the mountains waiting for the planes to go over.  Luckily, the Army noticed the movement and got the proper intelegence to avoid such a catastrophe. 

Since she is new, she probably didn't know much better, or can't imagine that her facebook page is actually VERY public, no matter what her privacy settings are.  A quick reality check from you, the other wives, and the FRG leader should set her straight.  If it becomes an issue tell the FRG leader of the problem and be sure she sits down with the girl to explain the consequences of her actions. 

Do not fret too much, although it is a terrifying thoughts, you need to know that the military does all it can on a daily basis to avert such disasters from happening.

• Options

I agree with PP.   If she's new and has never been around military she probably doesn't know correct protocal.  Hopefully she got your message and wont post anything like that again.  I've gotten to the point where I don't even post when Michael leaves.  I have only close friends and family and a private setting but you never know. 

And don't worry about being emotional.  Poor DH is a saint for putting up with my ever changing moods!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You can report her to your husband's first shirt and they will pass it on to their OPSEC manager. 
    30 Rock Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    thanks for this... preggy emotions were on high tonight... i cried my eyes out finally watching the grey's anatomy finale. and doensn't help DH is at the qual range overnight :(
  • Options
    No offense but if you're going to teach others about OPSEC/PERSEC you should check yourself. Since your first name is in your siggy and last name is your SN.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

"No offense but if you're going to teach others about OPSEC/PERSEC you should check yourself. Since your first name is in your siggy and last name is your SN."

You are correct. I made this account back when we were getting married and not in the military. I have e-mailed thebump to have my account removed. Thank you for the heads up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"