Pregnant after 35
Options

first internal tomorrow- scared!

I have my first internal tomorrow and I am really scared.  My doctor said it will be "very uncomfortable." How bad is it? Sad

I actually have my husband coming with for support.  I also heard that some women go into labor after the internal so I was told to bring my bag.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: first internal tomorrow- scared!

• Options

LOL, I think you should worry more about the impending LABOR rather than an internal exam! I don't remember it hurting at all... and I'm sure the doc just told you that in the event it is uncomfortable.

Now, just to prepare you, labor WILL hurt. ; ) 

• Options

I remember reading on here that the internals were so uncomfortable but I didn't think they were bad at all last time.  Maybe it depends on your personal degree of sensitivity;  I have no problems with my regular annual exams/PAP smears.  When I had my Mirena inserted and later removed following my last pregnancy, I had really minimal cramping, hardly enough to feel.  So I just kind of assume that I don't have very sensitive internal organs :-)  For me, the internals were no big deal at all.

Eleanor Paige, born 3/27/08 Noah Christopher, born 10/2/10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

For me, it was uncomfortable, but just that. Not painful.

I think it was worse for my DH than it was for me. After Dr left the room, he apologized.  =)

• Options
    It's not any worse than a pap. I had my second today, and I'm still all closed up...
  • Options
    mwdmwd member
    I don't remember internals being more uncomfortable than my annual pap.  Last time my doc started doing them at 36 weeks, and then every week after that.  But I was still working at that point.   Maybe he told you that just to prepare you for the worst.  Good luck!  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I also don't remember it hurting!  Don't worry, most women are so used to the poking and prodding by this point, the internal is nothing! 
  • Options

I think they're exaggerating about bringing a bag.  Sometimes it can help stimulate things as far as dilation, or whatever, but no way I could see you going to the hospital from there. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"