Secondary IF
Options

lots of questions about Femara +FSH

So, I am pretty new to this, as this is only my 3rd cycle of infertility meds.  I have some questions.  My OB (there are no RE's within a 100 mile radius of me, so we are stuck with my OB) put me on Femara with a shot of FSH to help me ovulate this month.  The last 2 cycles have resulted in 1 OK follicle, and this month BAM ... 4 follicles.  I have been in bad pain and bleeding (its more than spotting), since Wed. night.  My OB seems to think it is OK, and due to the 4 follicles.  I am just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation.  The pain is not nearly as bad as it was Wed-Sat, but it is still uncomfortable to pick up DD or walk too far/fast.  I am trying to stay positive since this is our last month of trying (for money reasons), but things are so strange that I can't help but think this isn't going to happen, and DD is going to be an only for a long time to come.  Any words of wisdom would be helpful.  TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: lots of questions about Femara +FSH

• Options

Umm, this is not normal.  I've been mod on this board for almost 2 yrs now and when things like this happen it normally is SERIOUS.  You could be having symptoms of OSS which could be potentially deadly or a serious cyst condition which can be devastating as well.  You need to call your OB and get an u/s tomorrow or I would consider going to the hospital.  

Let us know what happens!  I'm very worried. 

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options
    I don't have as much experience, but I know someone who regularly is stimulated to 5 follies with Clomid, but has none of the pain or bleeding you're describing. I would also consider going to the hosptial.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies ... The OB seems to think I am fine, and I feel totally normal today, so I guess I won't push the issue. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagemrswright2006:
    Thanks ladies ... The OB seems to think I am fine, and I feel totally normal today, so I guess I won't push the issue. 

If by 'the issue' you mean your health.....I think you should push away.

I hope all is ok, but in general this is NOT normal and the fact that your OB thinks you are 'ok' and isn't following you extremely closely because of this (daily ultrasounds, etc), I would be a bit concerned. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"