D.C. Area Babies

Buying cribs

I just posted this on 2nd tri as well.  Where are you all buying cribs?  We have a very small house so we need something streamlined.  thus far we haven't found much that is streamlined and that we like design/color wise.  Done the normal BRU, Baby Depot, Buy Buy Baby, JCP, Land of Nod thing.

Thanks in advance

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Buying cribs

• Try Baby2Teen in Manassas and Great Beginnings in MD
  • We just went to Great Beginnings last Saturday and loved it! We found the crib that we like (pic in blog). Their customer service is excellent. We live in the city but it's worth the trip for us! GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • Great Beginnings...agree with PP it's worth the trip.  We got all of our DS's furniture there.
  • Our house is VERY small, DS' room is EXTREMELY small, and we liked clean, modern, non-fussy stuff. Went to IKEA and got all the nursery furniture for under $1000. Can't beat that.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I haven't looked at them, so I can't vouch for the quality, but I know that IKEA carries nursery furniture for really good prices and I think for smaller spaces as well.  Just don't go with a drop-side Smile
  • All of our stuff is from Great Beginnings. Love it! :) Especially love that they will put it together for you when it arrives...

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Ikea has smaller cribs.
    Lauren,
    Mackenzie Beth 10.26.05 Ian James 08.09.08 Rhys Edward 07.05.10 William Brendan 04.17.12
  • We looked at the Ikea cribs but bought a set of furniture from Baby 2 Teen in Manassas.  I highly recommend the store, but if I could do it over I don't know if I'd spend the $.  Our furniture is beautiful but we didn't realize DD would use her crib as a teething toy :)  It is a convertible crib so we'll fix it when we change it to a double bed.  I'd definitely look at Ikea.  Their cribs are very small and you can't beat the prices. 

• bought a bonavita crib from buybuybaby that we love. if you can snag a 20 percent off coupon all the better. the rest of the spawn's furniture came from ikea, tho, which was cheap and perfect.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"