Military Families
Options

Any Coastie wives on here?

Just wondering :) Just found the place and see a lot of Army and Marines, but haven't seen any Coasties yet...

Re: Any Coastie wives on here?

• Options
    I'm a coastie wife!! =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LOL! I can see that from the name! How do you like being stationed in TX?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    after my childs born, i want to go into the coast guard !
  • Options
    I'm a coastie wife!!  I hardly post here though; sometimes lurk.
  • Options
    I am!  Mostly a lurker though!  Where are you stationed?
  • Options
    We are in the San Francisco area. How do you like Alaska? One of the stations out there are on DH's list of possibles for his next deployment...
  • Options
    regenabregenab member

Here. There are some of us on here, just not as many as the other forces so far.

How long has your DH been in and where have you been stationed before? I am not nosey, just like to hear about other locations for when DH has to fill out his next dream sheet when the shopping list comes out.

• Options

imagegosse1km:
    We are in the San Francisco area. How do you like Alaska? One of the stations out there are on DH's list of possibles for his next deployment...

We really love it!!  It was a big adjustment because we are on an island and there isn't always a lot to do (and getting off is pretty difficult and pricey), but in the summer it is just amazing!  Do you mind my asking what your DH does?

• Options
    My husband and I are both in the Coast Guard!
  • Options

My husband is an EM1 and has been in about 12 years :) We like the bay area (you cna't beat the weather here) but it is VERY pricy to live here. Obviously, his BAH is high to go with it, but my rent out here for a two bed apartment is the same as the mortgage on my dads 3800 sq ft house with an indoor pool :P Lame.

Smccarthy - How cold does it get out there? I'm originally from Michigan so I understand cold, just not sure I want to experience it again! Are you near Sitka (sp?) Dh fills out his dream sheet at the end of this year. We want to stay here, but he has done 3 rotations here so it's unlikely :P AK and FL have the most openings, but I hate humidity more than cold weather :)

• Options
    Proud Coastie Wife here! I am mostly a lurker though. A lot of the topics on here go over my head, as my husband is Reserve.
  • Options
    imagegosse1km:

Smccarthy - How cold does it get out there? I'm originally from Michigan so I understand cold, just not sure I want to experience it again! Are you near Sitka (sp?) Dh fills out his dream sheet at the end of this year. We want to stay here, but he has done 3 rotations here so it's unlikely :P AK and FL have the most openings, but I hate humidity more than cold weather :)

We are pretty far south (Kodiak) so in the winter it probably gets a low around 20 or so (occasionally lower) and we typically get more rain than snow.  In the summer the average is probably 70's.  It really isn't that bad, we are from New England originally and it seems much colder there than here! The hardest thing to deal with is that winter is super long here...starting to get colder around late September and going until late May.  But in the summer when the sun is out most of the day it's amazing!! Def. not humid here!

• Options
    My DH and I are both active duty CG! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"