Pregnant after 35
Options

Our little girl is here

I went in for my scheduled induction the evening of May 11th expecting to get my cervadil as I was still 1cm and only 50% effaced the previous Friday (I had been like that for almost 2 weeks).  Well when I got there I was at 3cm and 75% effaced so no cervadil, just my IV line set and a poor night sleep thanks to the really loud nurses at the nurses station right outside my door (all night long).

The next morning I made sure I got a really good shower and then they started the pit at about 6:30am.  My OB came in and checked me and said I was at about a 4 then but still had some more thinning out to do.  The contractions started up pretty quickly, but were mostly just crampy feeling.  I was feeling my contractions all along, but they continued to stay crampy.  At one point (don't remember what time) my ILs decided to come in and basically camped out chatting with DH.  My contractions were picking up, but I was doing okay with them--a few times had to breathe a little bit more through them, but nothing that I didn't feel I could handle.  DH kept asking me when I was going to get the epi and I put him off saying I was going to go as far as I could.  Well, real quickly my contractions got super strong and my body started shaking right around noon.  They called my OB and I was at 8cm and she told me it wouldn't be much longer if I could hold out.  I started to feel the need to push, so she worked to stretch my cervix the rest of the way.  Then she had me start to push.  I was pushing several pushes when I heard her say the baby was facing the wrong direction and was going to turn her over. She got her turned and a couple more pushes and Mariann Nancy was born at 12:34pm.  She weighed in at 9lbs 7oz and is 22.5 inches long.  She ended up being larger than DS and they didn't think she would be!

This first week has been quite an adjustment, but I am loving every minute.  DS is also having a bit of attention issues, but every time he sees his little sister he says baby and tries to give her tons of hugs and kisses.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10

Re: Our little girl is here

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"