Preemies
Options

We had our NICU Reunion yesterday!

It was great! It was so nice to see all the nurses, and to catch up with the other families that we got to know while we were there. And we felt so loved. We walked in and they had a bunch of nurses working the registration table. So we get in line and it's "Hi, welcome. Name please?" for everyone, then we get to the front and it was "AAHHH! Charlie and Lily! AAAHH!" and half the nurses left the table and ran out to see them. Then inside, there was a line of families waiting to see Dr. Hiatt, the head neonatologist, that was equivalant to the line to see Mickey Mouse at Disney World, but he kept coming over to talk to Joe and I and see Charlie and Lily. It was so nice. Charlie and Lily had a blast too. And I let them try vanilla ice cream for the first time - their faces were priceless!

There are pics on my blog on FB page.

And we were quoted in an article about the event too!

https://www.mycentraljersey.com/article/2....nit graduates
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: We had our NICU Reunion yesterday!

• Options

That's awesome Brooke! Charlie & Lily are sure growing up fast!!

Smile

• Options
    lol that sounds like fun! Apparently our NICU usually does the reunions in Oct, but since they had to cancel it this year due to the swine flu stuff, they're going to start doing them in Aug/Sept this year. I don't know why they would have done a NICU reunion in RSV season anyway, though...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"