High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Hello and a question about Lovenox

Hi ladies! Been lurking around here for the past few weeks, I have had high blood presure and just got a DX of MTHFR. It has been so helpful just reading everyone's posts.

Have a question for you ladies. I just started Lovenox last night. A few hours after the shot as well as today I have been having some cramping around my abdomen. Is this normal? I have a doctor appointment this afternoon and will also bring it up with my doctor, just looking for other experinces. Thank you!

Save some time to dream, cause your dream might save us all"
DX: PCOS & Endo
Cycle # 184,943 January 2010 Follistim, trigger, B2B IUI = BFP on Febuary 14, 2010

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hello and a question about Lovenox

• Options

I don't think I've ever had cramping from Lovenox shot.  For me sometimes afterwards I get a stinging feeling where I have given the shot.  Where are you giving yourself the shot?  Right by the belly button area or in your love handles area?

Let us know what your doctor says.

• Options

I didn't have cramping.  I did have burning at injection site and extensive bruising.  Whatever you do, do NOT massage the area. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I do the twice daily heparin shots, but I've never had any cramping from the shots either.  I do get the stingly/stinging sensation at the injection site, just never any cramping. 

I would bring your cramping up to your dr!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've never had any cramping witht he shots, just stinging and bruising.  Definitely talk to the doc.  GL!
  • Options

Thanks for the replies! I told my nurse that I was having the cramping (today was just an appointment for p-17 shot - so no doc) She didnt seem at all concerned, but told me she would make sure the doctor knows of the cramping and they will call me if there is any reason for concern. If I don't hear from them tonight and the cramping gets worse with tonights shot I will be calling in first thing tomorrow and demanding to see the doctor not a nurse.

Thanks again ladies! 

Cycle # 184,943 January 2010 Follistim, trigger, B2B IUI = BFP on Febuary 14, 2010

• Options

Meant to add, hbwj, I give my shot bewteen my belly button and love handles. A little lower then my belly button.

Bewteen the p-17 in my butt/hip the Lovenox in my belly and the blood draws in my arm I look like a complete junkie! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"