Postpartum Depression
Options

I feel like a bad mom

I think I have PP depression b/c I cry alot for no reason. I use to think I was tired and needed a nap but today I slept for an hour and woke up and felt sad and crappy like I wanted to cry. I'm a new mom and never thought I would get PP depression, b/c I thought that was when you don't want your baby. But I want my baby I just feel like it's taking alot out of me.  Not to mention I am BF and I feel like a human paci. Any advice on what I can do to make myself feel better? Any would be greatly appericiated.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I feel like a bad mom

• Options

the BFing makes it hard but schedule some time for yourself.  got get your hair done or a pedicure or something so you can feel "normal."  accept any help offered to you, and ASK for help if you need it - with getting food, someone to watch the baby for a little bit, etc.

just because you cry a lot doesn't mean you have PPD, how you feel is very common when you have a 2 week old baby.  if it continues and/or interferes with your ability to function normally/happily then talk to your dr about it.  

you're adjusting to a huge transition, don't feel bad about crying.  you are not a bad mom.

• Options
    Gina418Gina418 member

You're not a bad mom at all! The "Baby Blues" is common so soon after having a baby - my doc told me to expect to be weepy and moody for about 2 weeks or so. You should hopefully feel better as the days go on. Adjusting to motherhood is tough - give yourself a break, it's ok to cry!

PPD comes in many forms - hopefully you just have a case of the blues. As the days/weeks go on, you should feel better and better. If not, if you feel like things are getting worse, talk to your OB at your check-up and discuss what you are feeling with her.

GL! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"