Postpartum Depression
Options

PPD after weaning?

I weaned DD about 3 weeks ago and the last week I have been absolutely miserable.  I don't feel like myself at all; plus headaches, lethargy, and crying and anxiety during the day.  I am sleeping well, still sticking to my work out routine and getting out and doing my regular things but I just feel sad all day.  Is it possible to get PPD after weaning?  Can anyone make some suggestions to me?  Thank you.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: PPD after weaning?

• Options
    It is possible to get PPD for 1 year after weaning.  It sounds like it is PPD if this isn't your usual self.  I know I got headaches bad, was exhausted all the time, would get upset and cry for hours before I got help.  I would make an appt your OB or your GP, whomever you feel most comfortable with, and tell them how you have been feeling and see what they say.  Your Dr. may refer you to a therapist and/or prescribe medication.  I'm on Zoloft and it has made a HUGE difference in how I feel!  Definitely talk to your Dr. to see what he/she thinks.  You'll be glad you did!  If he/she isn't any help, don't give up and find another Dr. who will listen to your concerns. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm weaning now and I'm a wreck also.

I read that it has something to do with prolactin levels. 

GL and I hope you feel better.  Always ask for help if you need it. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My PPD symptoms surfaced after I weaned.  I guess this is rather common.  Please, let someone know how you are feeling!  My zoloft has worked wonders!  I was sleeping well, but felt like my world was falling apart.  I hope things get better soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"