New Jersey Babies

Day Care ?

Hello Everyone.  My name is Rachel and this is my first time posting.  I am 5 weeks pregnant and I have a thousands of things running through my mind.  One is about day care once my baby is born.  I am curious to know how much you pay per month for your new born baby and how many hours per day he/she is there.  Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Day Care ?

• the avg in this area (I'm in morris county, too) is about $1200-1500 per month for an infant in a daycare center. It gets a little cheaper when they get older - b/c the teacher/child ratio is higher.  Hours are as long as we need - while they are open - 7am until 6:30pm.  My kids are usually there from 9am until 5:30. They are part time now (but Griffin used to be full time)

you can probably find a cheaper in-home situation, some are hourly - so you wouldn't pay for time your child is not there.... I just don't like in-home daycares and prefer a center - and LOVE ours.

• rbytsdyrbytsdy member
    I agree with the 1200-1500 per month for an infant in a daycare center. That's what I paid for my first baby.  My 2nd is in a home daycare and we pay a little less than that.  I really loved our daycare center.  It was just way to expensive for us to have 2 kids there so I found the home daycare and I actually like it more.  I like the continuity of provider rather than having different teachers.  The daycare centers will have a couple teachers in the morning and a couple in the afternoon. The biggest advantage of a center is the flexibility in hours.  My home daycare provider is flexible with notice but it's much easier on her if we are fairly consistent with our schedule.  Our center was open from 7am - 6:30pm which was nice if you have to work late or go in early many days.  Good luck!
    R & R: est 2003 LOs: 4/2005, 10/2007, 2/2011 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We paid $1360 for DD day care center when she was there.  It was a great facility and had a low (3-1) ratio.  They were open 7-6 w/extended hours to 7pm if you needed it (read more $$$).  We were really happy with the care she received.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"