Preemies
Options

Was anyone in a similar situation?

Hi ladies! I think I posted something similar a few weeks back on this board but didn't have very many responses... Anyways I was just wondering if any of you were in a similar situation before you had your LOs. I was in the hospital for almost a week for PTL. I was 3cm dilated and still having contractions when they finally found some medicine that worked. I was released from the hospital but was put on bedrest and terbutaline every 4hrs. My Dr said when I reach 35wks I can get off both bedrest and meds and they would not try to stop labor... Well I will be 35wks tomorrow and even though I am super happy to finally be off bedrest, I have to admit I am a little nervous. I really would love to make it to 37wks but I am afraid that I won't without the help of the meds and taking it super easy... Anyone care to share their experience or have any advice? Am I just being paranoid?
Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
, 💙💙💙💙💙💙

Re: Was anyone in a similar situation?

• Options

I work on a Mom/baby unit and I know how scary that is when they take away the meds and lift the restrictions at 35 weeks, but I want to assure you a lot of our Mom's do make it full term. Some even end up having to be induced.

Try not to worry too much (easier said than done, I know). I hope that your little one will hang out for a few more weeks!

• Options
    imageLavender444:

I work on a Mom/baby unit and I know how scary that is when they take away the meds and lift the restrictions at 35 weeks, but I want to assure you a lot of our Mom's do make it full term. Some even end up having to be induced.

Try not to worry too much (easier said than done, I know). I hope that your little one will hang out for a few more weeks!

Thanks so much! It is super scary but it is good to hear that I won't necessarily go into labor once I am off meds and bedrest!
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"