North Dakota Babies
Options

Carollyn

How old was H when you were having that trouble with her napping? What did you do? I remember you saying you started napping her where she was sleeping at night but that's all I remember. And I will post a pic when DH gets home of nursing in the moby.

Re: Carollyn

• Options

Hmm...I think she was around 7 or 8 weeks maybe?  That makes sense bc it was her 2 mo check-up where the doc told us that it was probably confusing for her to nap in one place and sleep in another. 

I think keeping her in the co-sleeper for all sleeping def made a difference, plus, our shades in our room are all room-darkening, so even on sunny days, it is pretty darn dark in there.  If she is really fussy I turn on the vaccum (which has added $20 a month to our power bill!) or I just use simplynoise.com downloads on my iPod to keep some pink noise going for her.  

I read "Healthy Sleep Habits, Healthy Child" and I go by whatever that doc says bc my BFF swears by that book and she has three under 3 that all sleep like angels, so there must be something to it!  It has been working for Hayden, too!  I read that if you pick them up every time they give the slightest wimper, that you won't eventually teach them to soothe themselves.  If she is super fussy, I stand there with my hand on her until she calms.  It has also helped TREMENDOUSLY that she started sucking her thumb pretty consistently about 2-3 weeks ago. 

If you feel like you're going to pull your hair out bc she never naps...don't worry...I was there once, too.  It WILL pass.  It is hard to believe, but it does.  Let me know if you have any other ?s...GL!!!

• Options
    Thanks!  I will have to check out that book.  I can get her to fall asleep but when I put her down she wakes up again.  So frustrating!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do you put her down while she is awake or while she is sleeping?  I know it seems logical to try to let them fall asleep in your arms and then put them down, but everything I've ever heard or read says to put them down while they are still awake so they can learn to fall asleep on their own.  I've also heard that it is startling to them to fall asleep one place and wake up in another--just as it would probably be confusing to us as adults.  It will get better- hang in there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"