3rd Trimester

HIt in the stomach at 34 weeks?

DS just came out of nowhere and rammed me in the stomach with his knee about 3 inches above my belly button.  Baby is still moving and I have no bleeding, but it hurts.  I called the doctor and am waiting for a call back.  I'm overreacting, right?
L 7/06 E 8/07 L 6/10 imageimageimage

Re: HIt in the stomach at 34 weeks?

• depends how hard you were hit. no bleeding is a good sign. There is an unbelievable amount of padding to protect baby, DS fell on my stomache a month or so ago while i was laying on the bed.. it hurt like hell but everything was fine.
  • Over-reacting, no.  Wisely cautious, yes.  For what it's worth, I have heard that such hits to the abdomen are usually fine.  It takes a lot of force, like car accident force, to potentially cause an issue.  Hope everything is okay! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My big belly apparently looks like a trampoline to my 2 year old.  He has jumped on me more times then I can think of.  I'm guessing #3 is going to come out kicking and punching just because he will think that's what he needs to do to defend himself:)  I took a couple of hard hits from my oldest when I was pg with #2 as well.  If you notice decreased movement then call your doc, otherwise I wouldn't be too worried.  Mine usually gets much more active after he takes a hit, probably because he gets woken up.  I think they have a pretty good cushion in there.
    Erin 2.19.06 - Carter Joseph 5.28.08 - Gavin David 6.16.10 - Liam Michael 4.29.12 - Baby Boy #4 due!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"