Military Families

If you are pregnant with #2, who will watch LO1 while you are in the hospital?

Assuming many of us are far from family and labor can be a little unpredictable, who will watch your oldest if you need to be in the hospital for a few days? What if your DH is away or can't get off work much? We will be moving to a new base and then I will have LO2 3.5 months later. I don't know if that's enough time to get to know a neighbor that well. I will try to have the grandparents in town but I need a plan B. DH has a less than ideal schedule that month so I can't count on him to be available either. What do you think? Thanks.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you are pregnant with #2, who will watch LO1 while you are in the hospital?

• I'm going to try to have my Mom there, but if not then hopefully a neighbor or someone else can watch him during the day. ?I'll have DH go home at night to try to keep Michael's routine as consistent as possible. ?And I am hoping my parents will fly in after the baby is born so we won't have to use someone else for more than a day or two.
  • We're having a good friend watch our oldest. You can always check with an FCC provider that does extended child care.
  • Loading the player...
  • This is my biggest concern about having another child.  Who is going to take care of DS?  We are PCSing this week, so I don't know how it works at the new place yet.  Were we are currently though, they have emergency childcare 24 hours a day for situations like this.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • When you get to your new place, contact your FRG.  I know not every FRG is awesome, but they may be able to help you.  We have a group of ladies who sign up for things like that.  We have ladies who are willing to watch kids while mom is at the hospital.  We also have a group of ladies who are willing to be at the hospital with mom.  We have a group of ladies who make and deliver meals to your house.  Maybe yours will be able to help you out or point you in a certain direction.
  • Ok thanks ladies. We are moving to a large base so I'm sure they have things in place to help. Dh says for me not to worry and worse case scenario bring a pank n play to the hospital with us. Hah. I just like to know the plan early on an sometimes you can't.
  • imageChristina2311:
    We're having a good friend watch our oldest. You can always check with an FCC provider that does extended child care.

This is what I have heard many people do when they are newish.  I had my third when my husband was deployed and I was in Germany.  I had 2 friends lined up to help with my older 2 (I wanted to be sure I had a back up since one worked and the other was busy a lot).  Another friend was at the hospital with me while I had the baby.  If my 2 back ups couldn't do it the friend that was with me was going to keep them then I would have just been alone at the hospital.  It ended up working out perfect for us all (the friend that was with me had to have a friend lined up to watch her 4 kids).

Good luck! 

• We had a babysitter at the house until my ILs could get there (6hr drive).
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"