Secondary IF
Options

Progesterone causing spotting?

AF is due today. BFN this morning.  Started spotting at 11 this morning  but no real "flow". Can progesterone cause this? I'm hoping it's implantation bleeding but I seriously doubt it. Any thoughts? TMI: When I wipe, I see a little tinge of pink but nothing else.

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie DS: Born 2007 TTC #2- Diagnosed with secondary infertility, after 18 months and failed IUIs, we achieved success with IVF #1 DD: Born 2011

Re: Progesterone causing spotting?

• Options

I usually spot a couple days before my AF. Progesterone or not. 

This month I only had a little bloody mucous for 2 days and no AF and went on provera and STILL no AF, so we just went ahead with a new cycle.

He told me my lack of menses could be from low estrogen, not saying this is your situation, just sharing. 

I hope you get some answers soon

Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options
    JMayJMay member

It's the most frustrating thing, isn't it?  Since I had DD, I also spot as you described just before AF arrives.  And I ALWAYS think it could be implantation b/c of the pink-ness.  My fingers are crossed for you that you are wrong and it IS implantation!  GL!

Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had massive spotting my BFP cycle.  A big, bright red clot the day before my positive beta.  That was 5 days before Af was due, but I was on progesterone suppositories. 

I'm not usually a spotter before AF though.  I'd know that she was coming because my temps would start to fall.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am a habitual pre-AF spotter, even with good cd21 p4 numbers. Spotting has never been a good sign for me. Fingers crossed for you though!!
    DD born 8/24/07
    TTC #2 since 4/09
    Unexplained Secondary IF
    4 failed rounds of clomid ~ 4 failed IUIs ~ 1 m/c
    2/3/11: IUI #5 - Femara/Follistim/Ovidrel/Crinone = BFP (2/14)!!!
    Beta #1 (12dpiui): 53 Beta #2 (14dpiui): 203 Beta #3 (20dpiui): 3932 Beta #4 (28dpiui): 60,775
    1st U/S (3/3): 2 sacs & yolks 2nd U/S (3/8) 2 heartbeats-TWINS!
    Baby A:6w6d HR 131 Baby B:6w4d HR 124
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TWINS!! EDD 10/25/2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Thanks but I started full flow today. I have never spotted before AF so I guess the progesterone changed that.

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie DS: Born 2007 TTC #2- Diagnosed with secondary infertility, after 18 months and failed IUIs, we achieved success with IVF #1 DD: Born 2011
  • Options
    Spotting sucks!  I have it frequently.  Sorry to hear yours turned out to be AF.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"