Babies: 0 - 3 Months

My 4-week old slept for 5 and a half hours last night?

I'm a little concerned. Is this OK? I suppose it is if he's gaining weight?

Re: My 4-week old slept for 5 and a half hours last night?

• Harrison did too! It was heaven! He then went back to bed for another 4.5 hours and then again for another 2.5 hours before getting up for the day.
  • I was told if she's gaining weight sleep is ok.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My dr said it was ok at night to let her sleep as long as she wants because she is growing. I wouldnt be concerned unless he was losing weight because he wasnt eating enough. Enjoy the sleep :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My Dd started sleeping 5 hour stretches at 10 days old and still has gained weight like a little chunky monkey:) She started sleeping 10-12 hours straight 2 weeks ago! It's heaven! Be happy:)
  • My LO sleeps 5 hour stretches at night, but when she wakes to feed, it's for over an hour.  I'm enjoying while it lasts!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • Same here! My DD is 3 weeks old and she slept for 5 hours straight for the 1st time at 2 weeks. She's definitely growing and, although it's sporadic, she still sleeps for 5-6 hour stretches at a time. I wouldn't complain so much if I weren't nursing. 6 hours is a little hard on the boobs Stick out tongue
  • DD sleeps 4-5 hours at night usually, I look forward to it all day!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageQlove6:
    Same here! My DD is 3 weeks old and she slept for 5 hours straight for the 1st time at 2 weeks. She's definitely growing and, although it's sporadic, she still sleeps for 5-6 hour stretches at a time. I wouldn't complain so much if I weren't nursing. 6 hours is a little hard on the boobs Stick out tongue

Ya, I still have to get up after 3 hours to pump.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"