Secondary IF
Options

Advice, please

Well, it's CD 2 again. We're going on vacation in July and I don't want to be in the first few weeks of pregnancy, so we're not doing any treatments until after our trip. Probably 3 cycles if we sit out this one that just started. I'm a bit undecided. I'm wondering if I should go on BCP for a few months (if I do sit out May) until we decide to start trying again... here's why. I bleed pretty much constantly. I have PCOS, and have had a uterine biopsy that was normal, except for showing no ovulation. But every time we have sex, I bleed. For days. Then mid-cycle I start another "period", or whatever for several days. I'm constantly cramping, bloated, etc.

It's never just light spotting, usually pretty heavy bleeding. I'm anemic to start with, and I'm just exhausted. I get terrible cramps and have a lot of clotting. I've got no energy and I'm gaining weight. I don't know what else to do but I need it to stop. Since clomid hasn't worked we're going to try something new, after our vacation. I have talked to my doctors and they think it is PCOS related, and that I can get on the pill but we obviously didn't go that route since our goal was to get pregnant. 

Also, any insight with going on the pill and PCOS? I have two friends that went on BCP after a diagnosis of PCOS and they both lost a lot of weight pretty easily because the hormones were more regular.  

Re: Advice, please

• Options

I would do the bcp, simply to regulate you/stop frequent bleeding and hopefully make it easier when you do start trying again. 

Where are you going on vacation? 

Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options

Ugh, not soon enough!! We're going mid-July. I didn't realize BCP might make it easier when we do start trying again. I haven't been on BC since Dec. of 2005.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have heard/read that because it regulates your hormones that the first couple months off of the BCP can be easier to conceive. Didn't work for me the 1st time around though and have not been on since. 

Good luck with your decision! 

Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options
    I'd go on the BCP if I were you. It could have been coincidence, but I got PG easily the first time and I was only off BCP for not even two months. They actually put my mom on BCP way back when she was having TTTC my brother and she also got PG right off of it. My RE and OB disregarded it, but it can't hurt to try and it sounds like it would give you a nice break from your symptoms.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"