Military Families
Options

Hard Day

Today has been a rough day for me. My dh's former CO was killed in Afghanistan today along with 5 American soldiers and 12 civilians. My poor dh is upset, and he's away from me, and its killing me to not be able to be there for him and give him the big hug I know he needs right now.He was a great man, an awesome leader, and had a wonderful kind wife...she used to call me when dh was away to check on me to make sure I was okay or if I needed anything, that's just the kind of person she was...I hope that she is surrounded by people who love her right now and that their kids will always remember what a kind, special soul their father was.This is the second death over there that has hit me and my dh hard...I can't wait til we're out of there! 
Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Hard Day

• Options

Honey, I feel bad for you a DH. I will keep you and the fallen families in my thoughts and prayers. But I seriously suggest that you delete this post and repost it without any names.

Hang in there!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    Thanks. Will do...didn't think it would matter now that he's actually dead..but I can see your point.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so sorry...T&Ps for you and your DH and the other families.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

T&Ps for everyone affected by this incident. I can't imagine what his family is going through.

I know its hard to feel like we can be their for our SOs when they are away and going through something like this but sometimes just being on the other end of the telephone is enough.

• Options
    I was just listening to AFN radio and they annouced this.  I'm so sorry for the family and friends of those who lost their lives. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"