Oregon Babies
Options

Looking into child care...

Any recommendations for child care in Portland?  I work downtown and my husband works in SE.  I am 14 weeks pregnant and trying to plan ahead :)  I only work 3 days a week, so only need daycare 2-3 days/week.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Looking into child care...

• Options

Hi there!  You guys are really cute together!

I have found that I really like having daycare near my house.  That way, we can equally split the drop-off / pick-up duties.  My advice would be to drive around your neighborhood and see what's available nearby.  You will probably see a KinderCare type place, and several homes with little signs up that say "state licensed daycare" or something similar.

Think about what YOU want from a daycare.  Do you want 1 on 1 attention?  Do you want your baby to be with a large group of other babies?  Do you want a really structured program, or not very structured?  I know for me, personally, I really wanted to find a provider that loved my DD as much as I do.  I had her in a center at first and was very unhappy there, so pulled her out after only a few weeks, and found an awesome in-home daycare that we LOVE and are so happy everyday that DD goes there!

How long are you going to take off work?  Most centers won't take babies younger than 6-8 weeks.

Go visit the Working Moms board and start lurking there, to get an idea of pros and cons to every kind of daycare available.  There's nannies, nanny-share, in-home daycare, Center daycare, etc.  I also work 3 days a week, and I found quite a few centers that would charge me for part time rates, so even though it's hard to find, there are plenty out there.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Just throwing it out there... but i have been a nanny for 10+ yrs and will be looking at going back to work about that time but am in need of a new family to care for. So if you are interested I would love to me you and your hubby and  maybe discuss this option. message me and we can talk... GL
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickersPhotobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"