Pregnant after 35
Options

part time work?

I'm trying to get feelers out for legitimate part time work as an option once Baby is here.   My work has told me they want me to come back, but they don't offer part time and I work every other weekend.  My husband is in retail so he works every weekend.  I'm concerned obviously about child care; we are new to the area we live in and have no family close by to help us out.  I already dread the prospect of going back to work after Baby and would love something that wouldn't take me away 40 hours a week.  Anything?

Re: part time work?

• Options
    What kind of work do you do now?
  • Options

I'm an LPN working at the county jail medical clinic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    what about a staffing agency?
  • Options
    imagejdailey615:

I'm an LPN working at the county jail medical clinic

I am an LVN (same thing), I work at a hospital, right now I am on modified duty, so I work pt as a unit secretary, 24 hrs per week.  As a regular LVN I work 3/12 so I am off 4 days per week.  It is great, they work with me so I work on DH's days off, he also works 3 days, except he works 3/24.  I also work the night shift 6p-6a. 

Maybe you can try a hospital, or a registry, or what about home health where you can make your own schedule.  There is also case managers and chart reviewers. Even Dr offices.

Good luck I hope you find something to fit what you need!

• Options
    Unfortunately, here in NC, LPNs cannot work in the hospital unless they are in RN school (which is such BS), but I'll have to look into the other options.
  • Options
    I was going to suggest home health too.  My friend, who lives in Kansas, did that after her baby was born, and the company worked around her hours.  I'm not a nurse, so I don't know if that's the norm or not.
  • Options
    Do you have Minute Clinics where you work?  My friend is an LPN and she works at Minute Clinic part time and makes something like $40 an hour
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"