Military Families

Hello from California!

Hi all!

My name is Crystal, DH I are currently stationed at Beale AFB.  I'm a full time student and SAHM to our 5 year old, Jackson & 21 month old, Aly.  I'm pretty new to the bump (even though my babies are older) so please bare with me as I figure out how to navigate!  Big Smile However, the one thing I'm not new to is the military life-DH has been AD for almost 12 years and both of us were Army brats.  I dread the day that DH is to retire bc that would mean having to live in one spot forever...Big Smile

Looking forward to chatting with you ladies!

Re: Hello from California!

• How are you enjoying Beale? I get up in Oroville and Chico, and DH in N. Sac... we're trying to get base of preference for Travis, but if there aren't any openings Beale is our second option. 

I'm not a huge fan of Marysville or Yubacity, where are you guys living?

(and welcome!!!)

• Beale, just like any base, has it's good and bad.  WE LOVE that we are so closed to so many different things.  Depending on which direction we go, we can be at the beach, in the mountains and snow, or in the city in less than an hour.  But we HATE that the base is SOOOO spread out.  We live in base housing, but we are debating about buying a house in Lincoln.  It's just as close to live in Lincoln and Rocklin as it is to live in Yuba City.  When do you and DH find out where you are headed? We tried to BOP to Travis too, but no luck.  Sad Hopefully you have better luck than we did! 

• Loading the player...
  • I was told by some other folks that Lincoln is a great alternative to Yuba City!

I will put my paperwork in the 1st of June...so hopefully I'll know a month or so after I reenlist. I can reenlist on June 26th... which happens to be my due date! So that may happen when I come back from maternity leave but I would love to get it done sooner than later (reenlistment bonus!!)

What is your husbands job? I work in communications so I'm crossing my fingers that they need more comm troops @ Travis...we talked and our #2 will now be Vandenburg...then Beale =D

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"