LGBT Parenting

How many kids do you want?

Has your number changed at all? 

(I know we've done this poll in the past, but i'm curious to see if anyone has changed thier mind over time/after having kids/getting pregnant/ect).

Re: How many kids do you want?

• We each have two siblings (I have a brother and a sister, Jen has two sisters), and agree that three is a really nice number. But we are open to just having two if that feels right when the time comes. We each want to experience pregnancy/birth, so it's a good thing we don't want to have an only child :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I want 4, so two more if these girls stick around :-) DW thinks I am a little crazy but given we are already licensed for one more and want to try for a bio baby...it could happen.
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't imagine us having any less than 3, but I'd love to win the lottery and be able to have 4 or 5.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't remember what I've answered in the past, but today my answer is 3 or 4 :)
  • 2brides2brides member

When we were TTC (and before) we said we wanted two - and that multiples would be good (TTC/$$$ only once)  Once we had twins, I wasn't so sure that I should have made that wish! Stick out tongue But now we are finally reaping the benefits of having 2 kids the same age!

But in a recent conversation, L said that if we'd only had a singleton, she probably wouldn't have wanted to go for #2 due to her age, our finances, etc. 

But we did get 2 awesome boys - and so we are done.  Honestly, I cannot imagine going back to diapers, 3am feedings, bottles, etc....I am loving the age of independence!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Baby Two might be our only one, but in a perfect world I'd like to have one more.
  • I've always wanted three and DW wanted 2.  Well, we are at two now, and our family definitely doesnt feel complete.  So, we are both thinking three.  I'm terrified at the thought of four, but DW has flashes of "hey, that might be fun!". 

Its funny because if we didnt go from 0 to 2, I'm guessing our answer would be very different.  Whenever I only have 1 kid I get a glimpse at how easy and manageable only one would be...but now that we've figured out two, what's another? lol

in my perfect world, our two will stick around, we'll have a third, and when those three are in school, we'll start fostering again.  But who knows...much of our family building is waaaay out of our control, so we'll just take what comes :)

• ours hasn't changed at all, we would still like 2. if we have twins next time around we won't be upset, but the goal is one more healthy baby with me carrying this time. if we had twins the first time we would have stopped at that and been happy.
  • We would like to have 2 or 3.   We both want to carry, and I have a strong family history of twins, so we are just going to see what shakes out.

• I never thought I would want any and then decided maybe one, so I got pregnant with my first boy and had him.  I thought I was done and for the last 8 years have said that I didn't want any more and then changed my mind again.  I am now pregnant with my second boy and can't imagine ever wanting a third.  I think I will stick with two, at least that is what I am claiming for the moment. And if I wait another 8 years to change my mind again again I will be really pushing the age envelope. Wink
  • Now that I've my son, I would love to have one more child if possible.  I would be pushing the age window if we decided to try for our second child.  Our son is wonderful and a great baby so far - I know everyone tells me to wait, but I want to be able to try for a girl.  When I was younger, my goal was to have two kids of my own and foster/adopt other children if possible.  

So - in other words - I would love to have three or four kids in my life, but I will be happy with just one (while hoping for a second..).  I guess - in honest truth - I want to have two kids and open my heart to more!  

• We are planning for 3.
  • Our orginal plan was 2. I would carry the first and S would carry #2.  Then when pregnant we started talking 3.  S doing #2 and then I would do #3.  Well that plan is out the window now.  I will not be able to have another baby due to the chance of me developing hellp syndrome again.  We are still planning on having #2 but we need to figure out when that will be since S is going to start grad school in the fall.  I am still really sad about not being able to have another baby and that may mean that we will only have one.  But I want Ella to have 2 mommies and think that is more important than siblings at this point.
  • imagectbride08:

...but now that we've figured out two, what's another? lol

LOL this reminds me of what C and I have always said.  We both want more than one - but how many more?  Would we get to two and be done, or get to two or three and be like...what's one more?? Wink

It's funny that you posted this this week though, because a couple of times since Henry's birth siblings have come up and my response is "I need time to forget!"  As "easy" as Henry's birth was on paper (because it was short for a first-timer and we had no complications), it's a little hard for me to think about jumping right back into that!  Plus, I'm still in a lot of pain now from all the tearing.  So sitting here right this moment - just Henry seems like plenty! LOL

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We're talked about 2 or 3.  Right now I'm cooking baby girl and the wife is toying around with carrying #2.  She doesn't think her hips are wide enough and is terrified of a c-section...I think her hips would work fine but if it's already in her head what can I do?  I wish I could have been pregnant like 10 yrs ago.  Maybe I can still do another if she doesn't want to or if we want #3...life changes so much it's hard to say-but I like the fell of responding to  "party of 4" at a restaurant like I had when growing up.
  • I'd like 3 or 4, but I really doubt we can afford more than 2 especally since we want to have them close together. If C ends up with twins, I'm not sure if I'll get pregnant at this point.
  • I am quite happy with the twins. I don't think I could handle one more at my age. BUT, we do have one vial left and I am willing to give that vial a shot. Don't know how C feels about that, but if so, I guess there could be a chance of 3.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I have 7 siblings, so growing up I always wanted a large family. When we were first talking about this topic, 3-4 sounded good to me and C said only 1 initially. We long agreed on trying for two bio kids, with the possibility of fostering once they're in school/older.

If I were to get pregnant with twins the first time (family history and/or meds if it comes to it), I would really want to try for another, because I hope to be pregnant more than once (and would even consider being a surrogate at some point). If I were to get pregnant with twins the second time, we'd welcome whatever number we end up with (2-4). That being said, personally, I don't want twins. I know we could do it (I've worked with numerous twin families postpartum) but it wouldn't be ideal for us.

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would love to have 3 but I am pretty sure we'll stop after 2. My degree was just ranked #1 worst paying, so... yeah.

In the last month or so, I have found myself yearning to start ttc #2, but M isn't on board and intellectually, I agree that the time isn't right. If it were up to me (and all those pesky logistics weren't a factor), I'd be signing up for my FET right now!

Kendyl and Mary - June 10, 2006

• 2brides2brides member
    imagekendylann:

I would love to have 3 but I am pretty sure we'll stop after 2. My degree was just ranked #1 worst paying, so... yeah.

I didn't know you were a social worker too! :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • image2brides:
    imagekendylann:

I would love to have 3 but I am pretty sure we'll stop after 2. My degree was just ranked #1 worst paying, so... yeah.

I didn't know you were a social worker too! :)

Ha ha! It's a lavish and glamorous life we lead, no? ;-)

Kendyl and Mary - June 10, 2006

• i only want the one that i have... my DH wants more, but i honestly only want one kiddo.. Yes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"