3rd Trimester

Random Energy Burst = Possible Labor Soon?

I know I'm not a regular around here but I have a question for any new moms or those coming close to the end.

The past few weeks I've been getting more and more tired and sore.  To the point where I come home from work and do NOTHING.. basically just go to bed.  My ankles, hips and back have also been killing me.  

Well today, after working a 45 hr week and being super busy all week... I figured all I'd want to do is sleep tonight.  Nope.. I have more energy than I have had in MONTHS.  Its nuts.  I've done more since 5pm tonight than I do in an average week!!

Anywho, some people have told me this could be a sign of labor coming soon... yes? no?  (I know its an OWT but give me some hope here!)

Other things that were weird today:

1) Every single person I interacted with today commented on my belly/pregnancy.. and more than one customer came into my office today saying "You're still here!?" (again, people say this is sometimes a "sign".. I know.. OWT again!)

2) I was having a lot of pretty strong BH earlier.. and for a while they were pretty patterned.

3) My OB says baby is already 7 lbs... which I know means nothing when it comes to labor kicking in. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers M: 31 DH: 34 Dx: PCOS, Endo, Uterine Septum Ovarian Wedge Resection - May 2009 BFP #1 - October 2009 = DS BFP #2 - June 2011 = DD (Total Surprise!) Tree nut allergy in DS diagnosed 4/2012. Currently working with EI for SPD and possible ASD.

Re: Random Energy Burst = Possible Labor Soon?

• the same thing happened to me.  i went clean crazy tuesday night.  i was thinking maybe this is my brains way of telling me the sh!t is about to hit the fan.  sure enough the contractions started the next day.  no baby yet, but still having contractions.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Could mean something! A friend of mine took her kids (ages 2 and 4) strawberry picking on Tuesday. Then she made 10 jars of strawberry jam, and a strawberry pie that afternoon. She went into labor wednesday night! I was obsessed with cleaning baseboards in the days before I had my son. My SIL painted her laundry room right before. Crazy stuff!
  • Loading the player...
  • I started getting energy bursts right before 34 weeks. I've read it means baby is coming in 2-3 weeks, but who knows?

I'm just surprised baby is 7 lbs at 35 weeks! You grow 'em healthy, girl!

• imageImJysGirl:

I started getting energy bursts right before 34 weeks. I've read it means baby is coming in 2-3 weeks, but who knows?

I'm just surprised baby is 7 lbs at 35 weeks! You grow 'em healthy, girl!

Thats what I said!! And my doc says he's thinking no more than 8ish lbs at term (yeah.. right...) since DH and I were both around 7.5 lbs at birth.  This kid is huge and seriously running out of room.  I don't feel kicks anymore... just him pushing on my organs and his back/butt pushing out against my stomach REALLY hard... like, painful hard LOL.  

And as for the 7 lbs.. just a guesstimate... but he's staring to feel more like 10+ lbs LOL 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers M: 31 DH: 34 Dx: PCOS, Endo, Uterine Septum Ovarian Wedge Resection - May 2009 BFP #1 - October 2009 = DS BFP #2 - June 2011 = DD (Total Surprise!) Tree nut allergy in DS diagnosed 4/2012. Currently working with EI for SPD and possible ASD.
  • You are nesting.  Its pretty normal.  I don't think its a sign of impending labor, just a sign that you are nearing the end of your pregnancy (since you are 35 weeks).  Enjoy the energy and get some stuff done!  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"