Nurseries and Baby Gear

Can't find boy bedding I like! HELP!

First of all, our furniture is dark brown, and my original idea was to do brown and blue. We recently found out it was a boy, and now DH wants sports/tains/tractor themes.... I'm ok with a LITTLE something like prints on the wall, but I don't want it to be busy/tacky. I'd like to find mix/match stripes/polka dots that we can add those other elements to. ANy websites would be helpful as I cannot find anything we like in the stores. They are all too themey for our taste.

Re: Can't find boy bedding I like! HELP!

• I really like the "Womb with a View" by Land of Nod. 

https://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=167&f=633&pc=67

I'm stuck between that and Alphabet Soup by Cocalo.  We're having a boy too...good luck!   

• I recently found this web site that has some great boy things:

https://www.simplyaboy.com/

You might also check out Caden Lane crib bedding, The Company Store, DwellStudio (they also have a line at Target that's a lower pricepoint), javisdavis.com, Serena &
    Lily, Baby Gap, and carouseldesigns.com.  I found all to be very tasteful and not too theme-y.

I'm not doing a bedding set since I didn't want to use a bumper, so I'm sticking with white sheets and I got a crib skirt from Pottery Barn that's from the pique bedding (with a light green stripe and trim).  So it's pretty basic, but I'm introducing other elements via artwork and color.
  • Loading the player...
  • Another brand to check out is JJ Cole.
  • Have you looked at the "Mad About Plaid" bedding from JC Penney?  We are having a boy and decided on this because of the plaids/polka dots/stripes. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I love everything Pottery Barn Kids!
  • consider a custom set. not too expensive if you can find somebody local to just make a bumper/bedskirt for you. that's what we plan on doing. there are some beautiful fabric choices out there - you have soooo much flexibility. check out www.javisdavis.com for some great fabrics! you can find a lot of those fabrics at your local shops as well. good luck!!!
  • Have you tried www.polkatotdesigns.com ?  They have a bunch of gorgeous stuff and it's all custom. You can do anything you want.
  • try overstock.com... they have really nice sets that include everything.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Restoration Hardware has very cute things that are sold as seperates you can mix and match.

• If you're looking for stripes and dots and such, check out babyGap Home.  They have great mix and match there.  I got the set for our little man for about $200 with shipping and tax.  I did get a bumper, but skipped the quilt and chose a soft blanket they had with satin edges. 
  • I got mine at Target but originally found it on babysupermall.com

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• target has lots of things like what you are describing, mostly patterns, not theme-ie. Look under the links baby- bedding- boy bedding- modern.

also try pottery barn, or babies r us online there is so much more available than in the store, good luck i'm sure it will turn out cute

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"