Oregon Babies

prenatal yoga

Re: prenatal yoga

• Zenana Spa offers some yoga in their space.I went to Sunset Yoga and stayed in the level 1 classes. All the instructors were able to give me modifications while I was preg. I went 2 x per week until the day before I gave birth! I still think that the yoga classes are the reason my labor was only 6 hours with my first one!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a friend who took at Amrita and loved it.  I'm going to sign up this summer I think. 

Also, going to start the prenatal mamalates class at Zenana this Thursday.  I'll let you know what I think!  I've met the instructor before and she seems super knowledgable.

ps, I think we are both on the December board, right?  I recognize your fraggle rock pic  ;)

TTC #1 4/09-3/10, dx PCOS, 5th round clomid BFP 3/27/10, Nolan Lee, 11/13/10, PROM 36 weeks
    TTC #2 6/12-3/13, natural BFP 3/24/13, TWINS
    MC first twin at 11weeks, MC/preterm labor second twin, DD at 15weeks, 6/7/13
    BFP 9/21/13, EDD 6/5/13!!  It's a GIRL

SHE'S HERE!  Scarlett Christine, 5/19/14

• Loading the player...
  • I went to hillsboro yoga when I was about 36 or 38 weeks pregnant.  It was amazing!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • When I was pregnant I took yoga classes at several different locations to try and keep some variety in my fitness routine.  These were the two studios I liked the best:  

1) Moving Through Center - based in NE Portland; amazing, talented instructors and the rates for classes are great.  Their pre-natal yoga classes are a really nice balance of relaxation, cardio and gentle strength training.  I felt so good after each class and I loved Nicole, the instructor.  This studio was a longer drive for me but was so worth it!

https://movingthrough.com/

2) Poise Studio - Located in Aloha; great instructors.  Small classes geared towards all levels of pregnancy and postnatal fitness.  They also have lots of seasonal package deals, so the prices are reasonable.

https://poisestudio.com/

• imageStinaLeigh:

I have a friend who took at Amrita and loved it.  I'm going to sign up this summer I think. 

Also, going to start the prenatal mamalates class at Zenana this Thursday.  I'll let you know what I think!  I've met the instructor before and she seems super knowledgable.

ps, I think we are both on the December board, right?  I recognize your fraggle rock pic  ;)

Yes we are!

I think that is where I am going to go. My accupuncturist says its a great place and its close to home for me.

• imagewinswee2002:
    imageStinaLeigh:

I have a friend who took at Amrita and loved it.  I'm going to sign up this summer I think. 

Yes we are!

I think that is where I am going to go. My accupuncturist says its a great place and its close to home for me.

which one do you think you'll try, zenana or amrita?  over all, i think zenana is a great resource for pregnant women and moms.  maybe we'll bump into each other in a class some day :)

TTC #1 4/09-3/10, dx PCOS, 5th round clomid BFP 3/27/10, Nolan Lee, 11/13/10, PROM 36 weeks
    TTC #2 6/12-3/13, natural BFP 3/24/13, TWINS
    MC first twin at 11weeks, MC/preterm labor second twin, DD at 15weeks, 6/7/13
    BFP 9/21/13, EDD 6/5/13!!  It's a GIRL

SHE'S HERE!  Scarlett Christine, 5/19/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"