Pregnant after a Loss
Options

I don't know if I just peed myself or my water broke

I didn't think it was possible for my water to break. Dr. said it almost never happens like that with the first baby or you have contractions first (well on Friday I was having ctx and didn't know it but these antibiotics were supposed to stop them?). Plus Gabe hasn't even dropped so how can it break?

I did go pee right, then I got up and felt a little trickle down my leg like three drops. Then I came into the room and like a little gush came out on the floor. Then a minute later another little gush. And now I'm sitting on a towel cause he said that is the best way to know for sure like bring in your panties. Well of course I don't have those on. My Dr. told me it wouldn't smell like pee if it was my water but it didn't smell like anything really. It's clear.Do I wipe it up off the floor and save it and take it in?

Does anybody have any idea how much is supposed to come out? I'm sitting here waiting for more but so far there's only been a little bit. 

WTF. Do I call?  Or start cleaning because my house is a wreck? How do I even know for sure?

Tongue Tied 

I guess I can't go swimming anymore cause then I'll never know. That's where I was headed when this mess started.

ETA: I really don't want to be the douche that goes in there only to have him tell me I wet my britches. 

Missed MC 1 - 11/21/2006 Missed MC 2 - 03/10/2008 BFP # 3 09/18/09 - Gabriel David born 05/11/2010 baby

Re: I don't know if I just peed myself or my water broke

• Options
    OMG, katie! Call your doctor!!!!!!!! From what I've heard, your water breaking could be anything from a trickle to a full gush.
  • Options
    Call your doctor!!!!! If it was just trickles I would guess you pee'd yourself.   But since you said Gush (twice) I'm guessing its your water!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OMG! Just call the Dr!!! And keep us updated!!!!!!!
    BFP #1: 10/17/08 EDD: 6/24/09-missed m/c; d&c on 12/8/08 BFP #2: 11/7/09 EDD: 7/15/10-Cabe born on 7/9/10 BFP #3: 10/7/11 EDD: 6/20/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker A Butterfly lies beside us like a sunbeam and for a brief moment, its beauty and glory belong to our world. But then it flies on again. And though we wish it could have stayed we feel so lucky to have seen it. In loving memory of MrsTyson's precious Julia.
  • Options
    My water broke, kind of like that, for my first.  I went to the bathroom, cleaned up, and then realized when I pulled my undies on they got soaked.  Call your dr, or just head to L&D.  Go...Now!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Mother to Gavin, born September 11, 2007, and Magdalena, born March 21, 2009, Angel Baby MC February 13, 2010, Cynthia, born August 28, 2010 and gone September 17, 2010, Gabriella, born and gone August 28, 2010, and Abigayle, born March 12, 2012
  • Options
    call your dr! My water broke when I was asleep with my first baby at 36 weeks! Its popped and gushed. No smell and a slight pink tinge is what i remember!!!!!!!!! Go in and the dr can tell you for sure!!!! exciting!
  • Options

I would call!!! Your doc needs to know for sure because measures will def. need to be taken to keep Gabe safe!!

SOOOO exciting!

*Thats why I stopped swimming too.  I was afraid I wouldnt be able to tell if my water broke*

• Options
    I'm voting water, call your OB ASAP!
  • Options
    Call call! FWIW, I've heard your water can smell kind of sweet, definitely not like urine anyway. GL!!!
    BFP#1 - 08/30/09 - m/c - 10/2/09 7w4d
    BFP #2 - 11/4/09 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My Book Blog
  • Options
    Sounds like it's go time!!!
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds like your water broke!
  • Options
    omg... it sounds like your water broke!! Call your OB asap!!
    BFP #1 4/2/09 EDD 12/6/09 -MC 4/12/09 BFP #2 6/2/09 EDD 2/14/10 -Ectopic in Tube, Surgery 6/23/09 BFP #3 10/15/09 EDD 6/27/10 -Daniel John 6/21/10 BFP #4 Oct 2010 Chemical Pregnancy BFP #5 8/19/11 Beta #1 82.8 Prog 17.25
  • Options

imagemkoelker:
    Call your doctor!!!!! If it was just trickles I would guess you pee'd yourself.   But since you said Gush (twice) I'm guessing its your water!

I second that.

The trickle could be anything, but not a GUSH after you've left the bathroom!

Definitely have your Dr test it (maybe wipe some up with a rag to bring)

• Options
    I have no idea but, Good Luck!!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagemkoelker:

I second that.

The trickle could be anything, but not a GUSH after you've left the bathroom!

Definitely have your Dr test it (maybe wipe some up with a rag to bring)

• Options
    CALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
  • Options

Oh Jeez, girl! I am in the middle of a "did my water break or did I pee myself?" moment right now. Mine was just 2 gushes and then nothing!

What I keep reading is to lay down for 30 minutes and then get up. If it's your water then you will get another gush. I didn't.  :(

• Options
    Omg it sounds like your water broke! Call your dr or better yet just go to L&D! Keep us posted!!! So exciting!!!!
  • Options
    OMG Call your OB 
    I never had my water break but that sounds like yours did to me
    Summer 2011
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers ~early M/C 4/09 ~ Ectopic 6/09~ BFP 11/09~
  • Options
    Eeek!  Call or head into L&D!  GL!
  • Options
    Go in and keep us posted. It definitely sounds like your water breaking to me, I don't think you could have peed yourself that much if you just finished peeing.
    Marie, wife to Ron, mom to DS
  • Options
    Oh KATIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Call ur Dr lady!!!! =)  Keep us updated as much as much love!!!
  • Options
    Call, Call, Call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Make sure you keep us updated!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    call! thats your water! cool!!
  • Options
    OMG! I think your water just broke :)
  • Options
    Well if you just went to the bathroom and emptied your bladder, I dont see how MORE pee could have came out just afterwards! Maybe you will be meeting Gabe much sooner than you thought!!! Will you still get a c-section if it was indeed your water that broke?
  • Options

Katie - you are so calm.  Call your doctor or go in.  They should be able to test it to see if it's your water or not. 

If it's like you are peeing and have no control and it comes coming - it could very well be your water!

The only time my water broke was w/baby #1 and I was in my shower - but it was like uncontrollable pee and when I went to hospital they confirmed that my water had broken.

GL - so exciting!!!!

• Options
    Your water is not supposed to smell like anything, so I say that's it! Woohoo! You're gonna have a baby!
    missed miscarriage began 04/08, ended 07/08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My water broke with my first child and I had no contractions prior, CALL, its their job!! They aren't going to think you are a douche
  • Options
    str8otastr8ota member

OMG you're having a baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"