Oregon Babies

OK ladies.... survey says...

1. What is your favorite thing about living in Oregon?

I love the people and the green! You will not find nicer folks or more beautiful green/sunny spring days.

2. What do you love about being a parent (or being pregnant is you're not a mom just yet... to an outside baby anyway!)

I love watching his eyes follow me or watch him perk up when he hears my voice.

3. What is your guilty pleasure?Mine is sh*tty TV. I am talking Kardasians, RW/RR Challenge, Tori & Dean.

4. Where do you see yourself/family in 5 years?

I see us in a home we own, MAYBE with another LO, and me 75lbs lighter!

Re: OK ladies.... survey says...

• 1. What is your favorite thing about living in Oregon?I agree with pdxjenn.  The people and the green.  I love how weird Portland can be and so damn friendly at the same time. I also love how lush and green and also so caring about our environment! 2. What do you love about being a parent (or being pregnant is you're not a mom just yet... to an outside baby anyway!)I love how once August hit 3 months he is just learning sooo much every day.  He is constantly saying "dadda" right now and I LOVE it!  He also just started playing hide and seek... I know he is playing when all of the sudden he turns his head away from me super quick and giggles, hiding behind his shoulder.  When he looks back, I roar at him and he repeats it.  LOVE IT!3. What is your guilty pleasure? The internet.  Facebook and the bump are what I am on mostly.... or just chatting on my messenger to my hubby or a friend.  4. Where do you see yourself/family in 5 years?At a soccer game with my 5 1/2 year old. lol  Not sure why that is the first thing that comes to mind. lol
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • 1. What is your favorite thing about living in Oregon? Sounds funny but the weather (I grew up in San Antonio where its so hot and humid all the time), and I love all the nature parks and trails, ect. .2. What do you love about being a parent (or being pregnant is you're not a mom just yet... to an outside baby anyway!)I love the way she looks at me like im the best thing in the world and that she is my child and I get to raise her the best way I know how and I get to keep her at the end of the day lol... (I used to be a nanny).... I love being a mommy3. What is your guilty pleasure? Chocolate... but have really been trying to be good though...lol 4. Where do you see yourself/family in 5 years?Hopefully with another LO  or 2, and 75lbs less too and just enjoying parenthood
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickersPhotobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. What is your favorite thing about living in Oregon?4 seasons!2. What do you love about being a parent (or being pregnant is you're not a mom just yet... to an outside baby anyway!)I am currently pregnant with #1.  I love that I am on a healthy sleeping schedule; in bed by 10 and up by 6!3. What is your guilty pleasure?Peanut M&M's and celebrity gossip magazines.  4. Where do you see yourself/family in 5 years?Still in our adorable NE PDX home with another LO, hopefully! 
  •   1. What is your favorite thing about living in Oregon? All the green trees and waterfalls everywhere.  The fact that within 3 hours of my house I have the beach, the mountain, and the desert. 2. What do you love about being a parent (or being pregnant is you're not a mom just yet... to an outside baby anyway!) My favorite thing about being a parent is snuggling. 3. What is your guilty pleasure? Uhhh...I have a lot.  Shopping, drinking, trashy magazines, E! shows...I could go on for days.  4. Where do you see yourself/family in 5 years? 5 years...hopefully moved OUT of our house, into a fabulous condo.  Me either TTC or pregnant with #2, or us being really happy with just the one.  We haven't decided yet!  I hope to still be working part time, maybe even at my current job?  And Bianca will be in kindergarten.  Crazy.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • joleinejoleine member

The fairly mild climate, the moderate cost of living and the small town feel.

2. What do you love about being a parent (or being pregnant is you're not a mom just yet... to an outside baby anyway!)

I love to see baby girl smile.. its one of the best things ever..

3. What is your guilty pleasure? Tv.. and ice cream.. mostly ice cream.

Hopefully in our own home, thinking about #2 .. :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagejoleine:

I like the weather (rain included).  I'm a NW girl at heart.  Plus, this gives us the amazing green everywhere.

Well this age is so much fun (4 months).  She learns new tricks every day.  When she laughs though, really laughs, I just melt.  Especially when it's my DH that is making her laugh.  I can't get enough of that.

3. What is your guilty pleasure?

COFFEE!!!  I am a closet computer game geek.  But I also love me some reality tv.  All of it.  And dark chocolate. 

With a few more LOs in tow.  Don't know where we will be living though, since DH gets moved for work every few years.  I like that unknown though.  I'm a wierdo that actually likes change.

• 1. What is your favorite thing about living in Oregon?

Being an Oregonian (I have never lived anywhere else and I am always amazed at the transplants and how much they really LOVE being Oregonians!)  The weather - as soon as I get sick of the rain, in comes the sunshine, and even when it is hot, it doesn't last for so long that I feel like I am going to die!  :o)

Pregnant with our first now, but I love my belly...especially when DH rubs it!  We can't wait to meet her - 58 days to go! until EDD! 

I am a full fledged shopaholic!  I swore I wasn't going to buy any more baby clothes...but then I saw these yesterday and couldn't resist:

Other than that - definitely happy hour (used to go EVERY Friday with friends...now I still go on occasion and have a faux mojito!)  and crappy celebrity TV - E! is my favorite channel!  :o)

Rich and fabulous?!?!?  :o)  Really though, we own a townhouse now, so we would like to be in a house and yes, pdxjenn, 75lbs lighter would be great (I may even be willing to settle for 50 lbs lighter)!

• 1. What is your favorite thing about living in Oregon?

The weather. Although a few more sunny but not hot days would be nice a year.

Knowing that I'm responsible for everything she learns and does and that I get to see it all happen. I find myself sometimes just staring in amazement realizing that I created her. It's crazy.

Celebrity gossip and BAD tv. I can't help it.

Hopefully in a house. Not sure if still in Oregon, doesn't matter to me. I've lived in 4 states and I love the change. Possibly another child (we're still back and forth even though we always wanted two!) and being a room mom in Kayleigh's kindergarten class. Smile

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"