Pregnant after a Loss

Abnormal Quad screen results :(

Well, I know that there can be false positives, but this had me in tears today.  The doctor called me this afternoon to tell me that the part of the Quad screen that looks at the risk for Downs syndrome was abnormal.  It appears that I am more like a 35 year-old woman, than a 29 year-old woman, and if the test is correct, my chances for a Downs baby are 1:66.  They are having me come in tomorrow for an early ultrasound, to find out my correct due date.  If they have the due date wrong (which I suspect they might), then things might be okay.  Luckily, DH has the day off and can go in with me tomorrow.

Thoughts and prayers for tomorrow would be greatly appreciated.  I think I am going to bed soon.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Abnormal Quad screen results :(

• I'm sorry honey, I have heard so many stories about false alarms on these tests. I hope you don't worry too much (I know, impossible right?)

Left HugRight Hug

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
  • I'm so sorry. That must be scary. I hope you get good news tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry, I know you must have so many things going through your mind right now.  I hope that you get some more information tomorrow. hugs
    DD(9)DD(5.5)DS(3)DS(born 2/1/11) July 2006, lost a baby at 8 weeks, natural miscarriage , May 2009 lost Zoe Eliana at 17 weeks no reason known, possible under developed organs. Lost two more babies in September 2009 at 7 wks 4 days. Had myomectomy surgery to remove a large fibroid in November 2009.
  • Sending T&Ps your way! I hope everything goes well tomorrow and it is a false positive!
    TTC Since Oct 08 BFP #1- 1/23/09, missed m/c 2/26/09 BFP #2- 9/8/09, natural m/c 9/16/09 BFP #3- 4/13/10, missed m/c 5/26/10 BFP #4- 4/6/11 beta#1 at 12dpo-133 prog-55.7, beta#2 at 16dpo- 861 DD born 12/8/2011 BFP#5- 11/23/12 EDD 7/25/13 Dx- Uterine septum (removed Aug 2010), endo, MTHFR C677t hetero, Factor II hetero, Low Protein S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry you're having to deal with this. Lots of T&P for you, DH and your LO.
  • I'm sorry you are so nervous. I hope it is a false positive and your u/s proves that for you tomorrow. (((hugs)))
  • Sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way, dear. I know that you must have a thousand thoughts in your head right now. I hope you can get some rest and relax a little. I will look for your update tomorrow!b
  • false postives are so common.  My friend was told she had a 1 in 10 chance there her baby how Down Syndrome.  She opted to do the Amnio and everything was fine.  Her daughter just turned 5.

GL - chances are still in your favor that everything is OK

((( HUGS ))))

• I'm sorry that you're going through this.  You'll be in my thoughts tomorrow.
  • Oh hun lots of hugs and lots of PT's for you that it's just a false + and baby kat is healthy.
    Marie, wife to Ron, mom to DS
  • I'm sorry you're scared.  I hope you can relax and get some rest. 
  • oh hun, i'm so sorry. sometimes i think all these extra tests cause more harm with needless worry than good. i truly hope everything is ok. huge huge hugs.
  • Sending you huge hugs!  I am so sorry you are going through this right now.  I will be thinking about you today and praying that this is just a horrible scare.
    BFP 8/26/09, Missed M/C 9 weeks 5 days BFP 2/03/12, M/C 2/13/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • :::hugs::: T&Ps for you tomorrow that the dates were just wrong and skewed the results.
  • i'm sorry hon.  i'm keeping you guys in my thoughts.

we don't even do this test at work because of the high incidence of false positives.  if our clients want it done they can have it, but we don't do it routinely.  i have yet to see anyone get it and also i have yet to know of a baby born with us that had any types of problems in the last 9 mths. 

• babes12babes12 member
    hopefully it's just b/c they have the wrong due date which could definitely throw off the results.  T&P's coming your way.  (((HUGS)))
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in
  • Sending you T&P, hon!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • (((hugs))) I hope it's just a false positive hon. 
  • Thinking of you.

Just a reminder: it's a risk screening not a diagnosis.  I know you know that in your brain and it's hard to know that in your heart.  I know that. 

So good luck with subsequent testing.  I'll be thinking of you. 

• I'm sorry you're having to worry about this, but I'm praying it's just a false alarm.

((BIG HUGS))

• I hope get good news that this is a false positive!!!
  • str8otastr8ota member
    I'm so sorry and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers  ::hugs::
  • I'm so sorry hun! I hate giving (or getting) false hope, but this really does sound like this could be a false alarm.
  • I'm sorry you are going through this. Sending t's and p's your way and hoping for a false positive.
    Missed MC 1 - 11/21/2006 Missed MC 2 - 03/10/2008 BFP # 3 09/18/09 - Gabriel David born 05/11/2010 baby
  • I'm sorry you are going through this. Thoughts and prayers headed your way.
  • Lots of thoughts and prayers for you today!

• I am also due in October and I am 31 I had an abnormal Downs screen too it was 1 in 76 I had an amnio done and all is perfect! I am pregnant with a healthy baby girl!!

So many people I talked to in those days leading up to my amnio all that had an abnormal # all there babies were born perfectly healthy..

Try not to worry to much I cried too alot but it was for no reason.

Sending you lots of prayers.....

• My T&Ps are coming your way. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I'm so sorry. you will be in my T&P today!
    BFP 4/23/09. D&E 7/17/09 16W5D. BFP #2 3/10/10. EDD 11/15/10 Babycakes was born 11/5/10! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is just a false positive.  I have faith that things will be okay for you.

(((Hugs)))

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ::hugs:: Lots of thought and prayers to you.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry sweetie.  Hope tomorrow clarifies things.
  • Oh hun I'm so very sorry. I will be keeping you and your DH in my thoughts tomorrow!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"