Trying to Get Pregnant

ahhhh come on in all!

keep me from lurking from 1st tri.. especially tonight.. drunk me and 1st tri will not end well..

what's up ttgp tonight??

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: ahhhh come on in all!

• Did you break up with me already? Apparently I wasn't good enough for you. ::sniff sniff:: Broken Heart
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • lyse! of course i did not break up with you.. i was just wating for a response to post too..and i went to 1st tri and immediately wanted to throttle some people
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi PFF!!

I'm getting ready to watch Grey's and Private Practice! Yay!

So, I'm trying to try and like wine... and we tried a white zin at a wedding last weekend and it was delish. So I went to the liquor store after work and picked up a bottle of some random rose wine and it was sick! I'm so sad! I should have gone with the $6 bottle of zin and not the $14 bottle of random rose.  

How are you doing? 

BFP 1/9/10
    Saw Heartbeat 2/3/10 No heartbeat 2/8/10 ~ D&C 2/9/10
    BFP 8/2/10 M/C 8/5/10
    Fall 2011: SA, all normal  6/12/12: Lap and Tubal Dye Test: Moderate endo everywhere, 95% removed, Tubes open!
    Femara + B2B IUIs with great numbers on 9/9 & 9/10 = BFN
    Femara + trigger + IUI with awesome #'s on 10/6 = BFN
    Femara + B2B IUIs with still great numbers 11/12 = BFN
    Femara + B2B IUIs with even better #'s 12/12 = BFP!!!

Abby Rose was born 8/31/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hey, 1st  tri has a lot of potential. The absolute greatest Unpopular Opinions Thursday ever? I think so. 

• a lot of good TV on Thurs night!

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • GinghamGingham member

Hello tipsy PFF!!

Jess - you are trying to like wine??  You mean this is not something we are all naturally born with?  I can't comprehendStick out tongue White zins and roses are so sweet.  Maybe you can try a chardonnay or sauvignon blanc next?

• imagejesswheels:

Hi PFF!!

So, I'm trying to try and like wine... and we tried a white zin at a wedding last weekend and it was delish. So I went to the liquor store after work and picked up a bottle of some random rose wine and it was sick! I'm so sad! I should have gone with the $6 bottle of zin and not the $14 bottle of random rose.  

How are you doing? 

Jess do I have to teach you everything? You  NEED to go wine tasting so you can pay one fee and try several types of things. You will soon figure out what you like and don't so you don't ever have to make this mistake again. 

• imageGingham:

Hello tipsy PFF!!

Jess - you are trying to like wine??  You mean this is not something we are all naturally born with?  I can't comprehendStick out tongue White zins and roses are so sweet.  Maybe you can try a chardonnay or sauvignon blanc next?

I am trying too (must break the Diet Mountain Dew habit, first!) 

• imageGingham:

Hello tipsy PFF!!

LOL I like that the white zin was sweet! I don't like the bitter ones. I tried a Merlot that I liked. I tried a chardonnay at the wedding too and didn't like it at all. I really like beer... cheap beer. Bud Light to be exact. Classy right?  

BFP 1/9/10
    BFP 8/2/10 M/C 8/5/10
    Fall 2011: SA, all normal  6/12/12: Lap and Tubal Dye Test: Moderate endo everywhere, 95% removed, Tubes open!

• imagelyse2143:
    imagejesswheels:

Hi PFF!!

How are you doing? 

Jess do I have to teach you everything? You  NEED to go wine tasting so you can pay one fee and try several types of things. You will soon figure out what you like and don't so you don't ever have to make this mistake again. 

Well, considering we don't have many places to go wine tasting around here... makes it difficult. I'm really trying!  

BFP 1/9/10
    BFP 8/2/10 M/C 8/5/10

• imagejesswheels:

Well, considering we don't have many places to go wine tasting around here... makes it difficult. I'm really trying!  

Hmmmm I don't know where you're at. You can join me in July for a wine tasting with over 80 wineries if you want. 

• GinghamGingham member
    imagePattypoundcake:
    imageGingham:

Hello tipsy PFF!!

Ah, you too? ;)  Like Lyse said, you guys should go wine tasting so you can try all different kinds.  If you don't like it, you can spit it out and move along to the next!

• imagejesswheels:

Hi PFF!!

How are you doing? 

i have not watched greys since like nov.. maybe oct.. i love private practice but i am so far behind.. white zin can be good.. i am a fan of merlot or cabernet.. rose not so much.. yeah i never spend much more than 8 dollars  a bottle on wine

• imageGingham:

Hello tipsy PFF!!

you know in my love of wine i do not think i know of a chardonnay that i am a fan of.

• imagejesswheels:
    imageGingham:

Hello tipsy PFF!!

LOL I like that the white zin was sweet! I don't like the bitter ones. I tried a Merlot that I liked. I tried a chardonnay at the wedding too and didn't like it at all. I really like beer... cheap beer. Bud Light to be exact. Classy right?  

if you like merlot (i do a lot) you may want to try cabernet sauvignon.. mind you i cannot spell.. also if you like sweet have you tried pinot grigio?

• imagelyse2143:
    imagejesswheels:

Hmmmm I don't know where you're at. You can join me in July for a wine tasting with over 80 wineries if you want. 

80???  where? .. we usually go up north here every summer and there is definitely not 80! maybe 20 if we could hit thema ll

• imagelyse2143:
    imagejesswheels:

Where?!

I'm in Colorado :( 

BFP 1/9/10
    BFP 8/2/10 M/C 8/5/10

• GinghamGingham member
    imagepinkflipflops44:
    imageGingham:

Hello tipsy PFF!!

you know in my love of wine i do not think i know of a chardonnay that i am a fan of.

Hmmm really?  I guess everyone has their own tastes.  My tastes for white wines change with the seasons.  In Fall/Winter I love a really oakey Chardonnay and in Spring/Summer I prefer Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Gris.

So you make your own wine?  That is so awesome...

• imageGingham:
    imagePattypoundcake:
    imageGingham:

Hello tipsy PFF!!

Ah, you too? ;)  Like Lyse said, you guys should go wine tasting so you can try all different kinds.  If you don't like it, you can spit it out and move along to the next!

Yes, we are working on it! I am trying to talk her into joining me for a huge wine tasting event. I mentioned it to my CA girls too Ging. 

• imagepinkflipflops44:
    imagejesswheels:
    imageGingham:

Hello tipsy PFF!!

if you like merlot (i do a lot) you may want to try cabernet sauvignon.. mind you i cannot spell.. also if you like sweet have you tried pinot grigio?

Maybe I've tried a pinot grigio? Is it red or white? ::blushes:: I'm a total wine newb.  

BFP 1/9/10
    BFP 8/2/10 M/C 8/5/10

• Well, I tell no lies.

https://www.theglen.com/Tickets-Events/Events/2010/Finger-Lakes-Wine-Festival.aspx

IMO its an awesome deal. You walk in, pay the fee, get a glass and off you go!

• imageGingham:
    imagepinkflipflops44:
    imageGingham:

Hello tipsy PFF!!

Hmmm really?  I guess everyone has their own tastes.  My tastes for white wines change with the seasons.  In Fall/Winter I love a really oakey Chardonnay and in Spring/Summer I prefer Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Gris.

So you make your own wine?  That is so awesome...

i do like a good pinot grigio.. i will be honest its more of my husband making the wine then me.. im a good picker of grapes and a good taste tester.. its nice that we always have wine here!

• imagejesswheels:
    imagepinkflipflops44:
    imagejesswheels:
    imageGingham:

Hello tipsy PFF!!

Maybe I've tried a pinot grigio? Is it red or white? ::blushes:: I'm a total wine newb.  

Oh honey. ::pats Jess on her cute little head:: Pinot Grigio is white, pinot nior is red. 

• imagelyse2143:
    imagejesswheels:

Hi PFF!!

How are you doing? 

Agreed!!

Find a local winery and do some wine tasting. You'll find a wine that you love and get a buzz along the way from trying all of them! Some places don't even charge for samples, I guess because they figure you'll buy at least a bottle (or 5).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelyse2143:

Well, I tell no lies.

https://www.theglen.com/Tickets-Events/Events/2010/Finger-Lakes-Wine-Festival.aspx

Sounds super fun, but bad news, I'm in a wedding that weekend. :( 

BFP 1/9/10
    BFP 8/2/10 M/C 8/5/10

• imagejesswheels:
    imagepinkflipflops44:
    imagejesswheels:
    imageGingham:

Hello tipsy PFF!!

pinot grigio is a white wine.. its pretty sweet

• imagepinkflipflops44:

i do like a good pinot grigio.. i will be honest its more of my husband making the wine then me.. im a good picker of grapes and a good taste tester.. its nice that we always have wine here!

Well my opinion is that's the most important part. 

• imagelyse2143:

Well, I tell no lies.

that does sound amazing!

• GinghamGingham member
    imagelyse2143:
    imageGingham:
    imagePattypoundcake:
    imageGingham:

Hello tipsy PFF!!

Yes, we are working on it! I am trying to talk her into joining me for a huge wine tasting event. I mentioned it to my CA girls too Ging. 

I know - now that I look at the website, I think you've sent that too me before.  That sounds really appealing.  And that's super cheap!!

We were trying to get to NY last summer and never did, but maybe it's a must this summer!

• imagelyse2143:
    imagejesswheels:
    imagepinkflipflops44:
    imagejesswheels:
    imageGingham:

Hello tipsy PFF!!

Oh honey. ::pats Jess on her cute little head:: Pinot Grigio is white, pinot nior is red. 

AW man... ::blushes again:: Then no, I have not tried a Grigio, but I have tried a Pinot Noir. I'm pretty sure it was ok...

BFP 1/9/10
    BFP 8/2/10 M/C 8/5/10

• imagejesswheels:

Hi PFF!!

How are you doing? 

jess, i did the same thing! i liked the idea of wine, but not the taste.  so after my wedding we had about 20 bottles of all kinds of wine left....i drank my way through them by myself until i liked wine!

if you have a trader joe's near you, they usually have a good wine guy that will help you out with a cheap and tasty wine.  AND they take stuff back if you don't like it (though, i've never taken back alcohol...don't know if the policy applies.) anyhoo, the trader joe's guy helped me buy all the wine for my wedding, and he made great choices!

• imageGingham:

I know - now that I look at the website, I think you've sent that too me before.  That sounds really appealing.  And that's super cheap!!

We were trying to get to NY last summer and never did, but maybe it's a must this summer!

Yes baby cakes I did send it to you before. HINT HINT!!!! LOL Tell Andrew that you need to enjoy your summer while you can, and plan your trip around this!

• imagepinkflipflops44:
    imagelyse2143:

Well, I tell no lies.

that does sound amazing!

You are more than welcome to stay with me!

• imagelyse2143:
    imageGingham:

Yes baby cakes I did send it to you before. HINT HINT!!!! LOL Tell Andrew that you need to enjoy your summer while you can, and plan your trip around this!

If this is worth coming from CA for, then I definitely have to check it out this year! I have yet to even go up to the racetrack...is that where they hold it?

• Melissa is right. Most liquor stores will do a wine tasting from time to time. I know some here do it every Friday, or once a month, or something along those lines. Just call around and ask!
  • imagejellyandcake:
    imagejesswheels:

Hi PFF!!

How are you doing? 

jess, i did the same thing! i liked the idea of wine, but not the taste.  so after my wedding we had about 20 bottles of all kinds of wine left....i drank my way through them by myself until i liked wine!

if you have a trader joe's near you, they usually have a good wine guy that will help you out with a cheap and tasty wine.  AND they take stuff back if you don't like it (though, i've never taken back alcohol...don't know if the policy applies.) anyhoo, the trader joe's guy helped me buy all the wine for my wedding, and he made great choices!

Haha that's awesome! This is the second time I've heard about Trader Joe's wine selection. I have heard of their two buck chuck too. And how great it is.

Wanna know what makes me really sad? We can't have Trader Joe's here because it's illegal to have liquor in grocery stores... so Trader Joe's won't come to Colorado. ::tears:: 

BFP 1/9/10
    BFP 8/2/10 M/C 8/5/10

• imagePattypoundcake:
    imagelyse2143:
    imageGingham:

If this is worth coming from CA for, then I definitely have to check it out this year! I have yet to even go up to the racetrack...is that where they hold it?

Yes it is definitely right there. Some are on the track too I think . They are under tents and it gets super duper busy and crowded. But after some vino, no one cares! I did one day, and couldn't do it all. It was great though. 

• imagelyse2143:
    imagepinkflipflops44:
    imagelyse2143:

Well, I tell no lies.

that does sound amazing!

You are more than welcome to stay with me!

i shared it with my husband and said hey.. summer vaca?

• imagelyse2143:

Well, I tell no lies.

That sounds like a ton of fun and definitely a good deal!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejesswheels:
    imagejellyandcake:
    imagejesswheels:

Hi PFF!!

How are you doing? 

Haha that's awesome! This is the second time I've heard about Trader Joe's wine selection. I have heard of their two buck chuck too. And how great it is.

Wanna know what makes me really sad? We can't have Trader Joe's here because it's illegal to have liquor in grocery stores... so Trader Joe's won't come to Colorado. ::tears:: 

oh, dear.  that is sad.   what a stupid law.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"