Postpartum Depression
Options

Got the diagnosis today.

My 6 week PP check up was a disaster. I cried the whole time, well sobbed really. That earned me Celexa, anti-anxiety meds and Ambian. My MW said I have severe PPD/PPA. Sad
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Got the diagnosis today.

• Options

Did she refer you to a good therapist? It sounds like you could use some additional support/help.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're feeling this way...I'm glad you're getting help though and hopefully very soon you'll be feeling much, much better.  What anti-anxiety med's did they give you?

photo 444e1a74-1f01-47b5-8489-88b2999f2e54_zpse873dcde.jpg 

Mommy's sweet girls

Kaatje Grace 4.26.2010

Eloise Hope 2.10.2012

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    pam1005pam1005 member
    The celexa will definitley help.  I was originally on lexapro, but could not afford it with my insurance, so my doc put me on celexa.  I thought I could get through everything alone, but I am so glad I called my doctor.  My anxiety and depression decreased a ton within the first week.  Good for you for talking with your doctor.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Oh dear.  I am so sorry.  But--the good news is that you will feel better.  

One thing that I found really helped me (and seems so simple, but when you are caring for a newborn, even simple things are a reach) was to eat frequent small meals throughout the day.  If I got hungry and my blood sugar dropped, I was even worse than I already was.  I ate two pieces of deli roast beef, a cup of fruit salad (as expensive as it was, I got the stuff that was already cut up at the grocery store--I did not have the time or inclination to cut up fruit!) and 12 ounces of milk.  I ate this 5 or 6 times a day for weeks. . . maybe months.  I could not tolerate spices and I did not have the energy or desire to cook.

We are here for you! 

• Options
    I was started on 20mg of Celexa at the 2 week baby well check up (I'd had a history of anxiety so they wanted to catch it early). At 4 weeks the MD switched it to 40mg. Based on certain factors, 2 weeks later he added Wellbutrin 150mg and Deplin. I was having some side effects and he switched me to Lexapro and Abilify...that just made me sicker then heck and I had lots of panic attacks. Finally I went back on 40mg of Celexa and since then I have felt FANTASTIC! I'm soooooooo excited the meds are helping. I even have a desire to have sex...this is HUGE.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    I LOVE MY THREE KIDS! :)
    imageimageimage
    Want great discounts?? Want to earn free Scentsy or even earn some extra money??
    Click on the logo and ask me how!
  • Options
    AlibabsAlibabs member

I was diagnosed yesterday and the doctor put me on Lexapro. I won't start it until Saturday though as I have a long drive tomorrow with work and am worried it might affect me badly.

It was depressing getting the diagnosis. And when I read the side affects the drugs can cause it made me feel worse!!! I just hope it works.

Good luck, looks like we are not alone. Smile

imageimage

L-R: Liam (7), Eimhin (6) and Fionn (4)!  (Irish names)
    Too busy to update the pics for now ... :)

• Options
    Thanks for all the support ladiesSmile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"