Babies: 9 - 12 Months

bump break. [long, whiny and vent-ish.]

I feel constantly judged.

what most of you don't know about my life is why it's so easy to judge.

RE: being scared of the knot post....

I was married for 5 months because I got pregnant. he woke up 5 months into marriage and told me he never loved me (even though he told me every day) and that he never would. he said he didn't want the baby, and she should go up for adoption (some of you may remember from 2nd tri.) while I hated (at the time) getting divorced, it made me 1,000 times stronger. 

The divorce took near a year to be final because he kept playing games with court, child support, not filing things, etc.

yes it was final yesterday.

yes I am seeing someone. but he treats me better than anyone, and is amazing to DD. 

yes we have talked about marriage. not anytime soon, but I'm only human, I get excited. 

but don't I DESERVE happiness? just like anyone else? 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: bump break. [long, whiny and vent-ish.]

• yes you deserve happiness.  Good for you for getting out of a bad marriage (whether it was your choice or not).  Glad you're doing better and things are on the right track.

I must have missed an earlier post if you were getting grief over this.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagereannegummer:

yes you deserve happiness.  Good for you for getting out of a bad marriage (whether it was your choice or not).  Glad you're doing better and things are on the right track.

this!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Sure you deserve happiness. I think people were just trying to tell you to be cautious.

Also, from what I have seen, people who post on the knot who are not yet engaged get flamed BIG time. So it's probably best if you just stay away from posting there until you actually have a ring on your finger and a proposal story.

• You don't have to take a bump break.  Without knowing all the details (5 month marriage, year long process, etc.) it would make anyone question what you wrote.  But you deserve happiness and if you are confident that this is the man for you, what internet strangers say should mean nothing.  Don't sweat it.
  • I am sorry you feel this way.  NO ONE on this board or anywhere is in your shoes.  No one can even begin to tell you how to run your life.  Nobody is perfect, not even around here and the knotpostsecrect proves that.

I am happy that YOU are happy!!!

• I'm the judgiest person here (although I usually keep my judgments to myself) and I see nothing judgeworthy about your situation.
  • Yes you deserve to be happy. Yes it is a great thing that you are out of the relationship with your ex. People sometimes don't think before they "speak" (write) things or how they may come across.

My advice, take things here with a grain of salt. Don't take it personal. If you don't agree with something someone says, let it roll off your back. Be confident in the life you are living!! And keep your chin up :)

• you do deserve happiness.

it is only natural to be excited and i hope it works out for you.

my mom got married 6 months after my parents' divorce was final (took 3 years) and they have been married for almost 20 years.  

good luck.

ETA: you took your blog link down Sad  i forgot to bookmark it yesterday (i love the craft posts).  that is yours, right? any chance a girl can get a hook-up?

• imageErin5849:

Sure you deserve happiness. I think people were just trying to tell you to be cautious.

Also, from what I have seen, people who post on the knot who are not yet engaged get flamed BIG time. So it's probably best if you just stay away from posting there until you actually have a ring on your finger and a proposal story.

Ooooh, yeah. I wouldn't post on The Knot yet...although I lurked for months before I got my ring.
  • That is great that you are happy.  That is all that matters and that your DD is happy as well.  I hope that you guys do end up married (and not too far off, I know you want your LOs close in age (from other posts)).  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageljlkm:
    imageErin5849:

Sure you deserve happiness. I think people were just trying to tell you to be cautious.

Ooooh, yeah. I wouldn't post on The Knot yet...although I lurked for months before I got my ring.

Me too Embarrassed

I saw the flaming, so I lurked. And even after getting the proposal, I only posted a few times on the south asian board and my local board. The bigger boards were very snarky and, IMO, unnecessarily mean.

• Funny story: the first time I ever posted on the knot I didn't understand the format and didn't know there was a local board so I asked if anyone was from Miami and if they had been to a specific jeweler.

One girl goes 'why the hell would you ask that here'

And another said 'damn I'm never getting a ring'

LOL

Then I said I was sorry and I'll post on my local board and deleted the post because I didn't know any better and was followed in to my local board post asking why I "DD."  I was like, what does "DD" mean?

LOL I'll never forget that day I was totally confused.

• I know what comments you are talking about.  I think they were just trying to help and warn you to be cautious more than judging you.  When I met my DH, I knew I wanted to marry him on our second date.  It doesn't take long to fall in love.  I think your time frame and history is very normal.  And who cares if you're not engaged yet.  You can look at wedding stuff just for fun.  I just wouldn't get too wrapped up in it if you are not actually planning a wedding.  I'm not pregnant yet, but it doesn't stop me from tossing around baby names or nursery decor in my head.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Divorce is awful and difficult under the best of circumstances, and divorce under those circumstances must have felt unbearable at times. I married my first DS's dad because I was young and my parents threatened me with what they would do with my unborn child and I if we *weren't* married. We were divorced 2.5 years later. He is gay. The divorce was difficult, and I was a single mom for 9 years after that. I have never had consistent support from him, we sometimes go more than a year at a time without seeing him, and he is in jail right now.

As hard as divorce is, sometimes we are better off dodging the inevitable bullet.

Good for you. You should have nothing but support. Your baby is beautiful and you deserve nothing but the best. 

• I must have missed your first post too, but i dont think anyone will judge you here. I can not imagine being in your shoes. My best friend had something like that happen, and she was in Vegas with her boyfriend three weeks after her's was final and they are happy as can be! Good luck and I am sure there are many ladies on here who will suport you and your beautiful LO!
    Diabetic, 2IF, PCOS; blessed beyond words to be called "mommy" to Drew (6/30/09) and Alynn (5/16/11).
    Parenting author for Women of Worth. Mom Blogger and photographer.

Andrew David: mixed receptive/expressive language phonological disorder, sensory processing disorder, Disruptive Behavior disorder-nos and insomnia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Somehow randomly stumbled upon this post. Wanted to say. Keep your head up. Dont stress the internet. I do strongly urge you not to get married again for a long time. Like at minimum 2+ years. It takes a lot longer than 5 months to know someone and at a young age (Im guessing you are 22ish?) you have many many years to meet the right man. Get to know yourself for awhile and stop depending on men for your happiness. I was a single mom for years and you know what? It was great. It was hard. It was a learning experience. I would never have gotten married if I hadnt had that alone time. I needed to love me. know me. be independent on my own. The fantasy of a wedding does not = a real marriage. Good luck!
  • Of course you deserve happiness. I don't know why you're defending yourself or your choices.

People are always going to judge you for something. If its not this, it'll be something else. Being too young or too old, too single or married too fast, too rich or too poor. SAH or working, too into your looks or too shabby.

We women are the judgiest creatures on the planet. Just do what you gotta do, take support from people willing to give it, and ignore the rest.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"